Trading my '12 for a '14?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TXCobra

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I love my 2012 Screw, it's loaded and has about 25K miles on it. I started thinking that tires would be needed soon, brakes, warranty is up inside a year, etc, etc. When I figured out how good the resale value is on these things, I checked into trading. Basically, I want the same truck, but with all the goodies that have come out since I got mine (HID's, Backup Sensors, upgraded Nav, bead lock wheels, etc).

Dealer has one coming tomorrow that is LOADED. Sticker is $59K and it has just about every option but the SE package (n/a on Race Red). They offered $47,500 in trade and 3K off sticker for the new one, so I am out about 8-9K for the new one. Seems like a fair deal (not an invoice deal or anything)...so I am likely to pull the trigger. Any thoughts or advice?

FullAuto

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Man...3k off sticker for a truck on the lot is pretty good. I think 47,500 is a good trade in value on a 2012. I would do it if you like the color and options.

OP
OP
T

TXCobra

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is the ideal truck, exactly the color and options I would order (except I probably wouldn't order either graphics package and save the 2K), otherwise absolutely perfect. I have a great relationship with this dealer, so he is cutting me a deal. Normally they are asking way over sticker. Thanks for the replies so far.

AngryBird

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like that the 2012 sync has real buttons still. I do miss the HID's from my 2013 but not the Sync and Nav system so much.

That being said, if you want a 14 I think you are getting a pretty good deal. The dealers I've found in NM won't come down off of sticker on the raptors. They are almost always sold out though.

Gatorjake

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Very close to the deal I just made. My '12 had just under 40k miles and they gave me $45k trade in. I'm now driving a '14 ruby red now. It was hard parting with the tux black but to have a new truck with a few improvements for the same price per month with a full warranty was a no brainer for me.

Shortbed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Very close to the deal I just made. My '12 had just under 40k miles and they gave me $45k trade in. I'm now driving a '14 ruby red now. It was hard parting with the tux black but to have a new truck with a few improvements for the same price per month with a full warranty was a no brainer for me.

Good on you for that deal. This is what my dealership offered me. Trade in my tux black 2012 SCAB with 22k miles. They give me 37k and I pay sticker. I am stunned at the differential. The Kelly Blue book on my truck is about 45k. I think I need to find a new dealership...

festusrocks2001

Reaction score
I am also trading my 12-17000 miles, 47500 trade in. this = about 50500 cash for my truck in my state. IL. I am driving my truck until new one comes in and I paid $2000 under sticker for 14. Didn't leave town. Not the best deal but didn't have to do much and I will have a new truck. Hard to argue with only loosing <$4500 (w/trade price) bucks for 2.5 years. Find a better vehicle than this for resale=good luck.