Trade Black for Ruby Red

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zsommer79

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your looking at it backwards... Trade yours in for less and get the new one for less.. Saves on taxes.... trade yours in for 49k and get the new one for 52k... makes the dealer feel better he gets yours for less...

In Texas you only pay taxes on the difference so it wouldn't matter if he got 40 for his and paid 45 for the new one it's still 5,000 x 6.25%.

---------- Post added at 07:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:10 PM ----------

I agree, but having a hard time getting them to come off. I am at $3K off of MSRP.

So they are at 51 trade and 55 on the new one? You probably can't do too much better unless you are willing to chance losing the truck by setting on it a couple days.

Gatorjake

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I traded my '12 tuxedo black for a '14 ruby red. I really liked the black. I really didn't want a red truck. But the ruby is a classy red and it has grown on me. Gets a little more attention than the stealth black. Seems the deal on the table is very fair. If it was me I would do it. ...oh, I already did. Don't regret it at all!!!

OP
OP
Matmanand4

Matmanand4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Final offer was $56K for the RR. $51K for my 2013 and I keep the bed extender and Backflip and they tint the 2 windows. I think I will pull the trigger.
Gatorjake, I feel the same way about the black, but that RR has got my attention. Glad you liked the RR. Plus I like the beadlock wheels.

Ricky B

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Traded my 11 black scab for 14 RR SE. Was wondering if I did the right thing because I really liked my truck. As soon as the salesman pulled it up to the front of the dealership on delivery day I was in total awe. What an awesome looking machine. I have not had 1 single regret. Not sure if it's the color or the stainless works exhaust, but heads are always turning.

Gatorjake

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Final offer was $56K for the RR. $51K for my 2013 and I keep the bed extender and Backflip and they tint the 2 windows. I think I will pull the trigger.
Gatorjake, I feel the same way about the black, but that RR has got my attention. Glad you liked the RR. Plus I like the beadlock wheels.

That sounds like a very good deal to me. The ruby red is an eye catcher. I have really come to like it maybe slightly more than black. It really accentuates the curves of the truck. I don't prefer the race red but the ruby is just in a different class. The beadlocks are sweet too. I like the grey outter ring vs the silver. Although I had them pull my methods from my '12. And bedrug. And bakflip. And raise to mid perch before I even took delivery.

johndjmix

Full Access Member
Reaction score
$3,000 off MSRP and your complaining? At this point that's a steal. Everywhere I see is asking 5,000 to 15,000 over msrp. Got mine for $500 under and know the dealer could have gotten way more for it, but held it for me.

--John

OP
OP
Matmanand4

Matmanand4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Picking it up on Saturday. Thanks for all the comments and I am really happy with the deal. These Raptors hold there value very well. My payments actually went down with this one.