Tough call...damn it!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SlimChaChi

FRF Addict
Reaction score
so my dealer called..."the raptor came in...but it's not your raptor...figured you'd want to check it out". So i say "ok"

come to find out it's a loaded SE minus hood graphics. I was never fond of the red interior, but seeing it in person, man, that's gorgeous. Has the spray in liner, everything. Took it for a ride...of course, it was awesome.

My dilemma is I ordered a tux black screw with blue accents which is coming in Saturday. It was a tough call to even get the blue accents but in the end went with it b/c I have heard nothing but good things about it. Final price difference between the two after working out numbers was just about $1800. Now, my plan with my original order was to take off the stock wheels / tires, sell them off and install my Method NVs w/Duratracs. But if I go with the SE, I can't see myself selling off those beadlocks unless an absolutely phenomenal offer comes in...and even then, it would be hard. I also have my icon UCAs and fronts / rears to install...that's another consideration...not sure if the UCAs will run ok with the stock wheels. If not, that's something else I'd have to sell off.

Any thoughts guys?...I'm really torn here...come Saturday I'll hopefully have a truck either way!

sublime1996525

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's a tough call. I guess it'd just depend on what you prefer. Red or blue for the interior and bead locks. Either way you're getting your truck within the week so congrats!

OP
OP
SlimChaChi

SlimChaChi

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks! Cant wait!

But yea it's tough. Wife hates the red. I like it...not as bright ass red as I thought. Blue I haven't seen in person.

Roscoe968

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I love my SE...very happy I was able to get one. Besides the red and black seats, you also the the darker brushed finishes throughout, which is nice. Just wait and see if you can compare them side by side.

OP
OP
SlimChaChi

SlimChaChi

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That was my original thought tip! Wish I never picked up that phone, haha!

LastLight

Full Access Member
Reaction score
IDK,, if I could do it over again I would have went with the ruby red. Its a beautiful truck.

Shitload of black ones already out there, not so many ruby reds.

OP
OP
SlimChaChi

SlimChaChi

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Trucks tux black. The blue interior also gets rid of the chrome I believe and is aluminum. I didn't double check but SE guys...is your trim aluminum or plastic?

SaintsFan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Stick with the blue. I've seen both up close and the blue is more classy in my opinion.

OP
OP
SlimChaChi

SlimChaChi

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I keep hearing that as well. Honestly both look real good to me. The blue has a slight edge simply bc of the subtle accents vs the in your face red...though again...the red isn't as off the wall as I thought. The center console I love. It's the same gunmetal grey I have in my appearance package now. Not sure how I feel about the blue. In pictures it looks good but never seen it up close.