Shopping around for a Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GeorgiaAg

Reaction score
So I have decided its time to retire my 2002 Avalanche, and I have been shopping around for a Raptor. I have made contact with 6 dealers and I am waiting on responses from 4. I'm looking to get a 2014 screw, tuxedo black, with the 801A package, along with the front/rear view camera, spray-in bedliner and a moonroof. The prices I have gotten are as follows:

1. $51,156 before taxes and other fees

2. $52,080 before taxes and other fees ($56.343.52 out the door price)

The 1st offer is $1,000 over invoice and they would have to place my order by 6/11. Is this about what I can expect as far as a "deal" goes?

Also, I was doing some reading on here and I thought the last day to order was in May, but this dealer said their last day is June 11th. Are they just straight up lying to me or do different dealers have different order-by dates?

triggerfish

Reaction score
If you're getting anything under sticker at this point in the game, you're doing very well. 1/2 of the dealers I went to mentioned that Raptors were going out of production in the next month and that they'd rather sit on their inventory at full sticker (or over sticker) than sell for less. They also gave me ridiculous trade-in offers (not at Trade-in prices, but auction price even though they were asking full MSRP on the Raptor).

That being said, I did find what I believe was a very good/fair deal from a local dealer that was about the 6th I went to (had reached out to about 10 Ford dealers while on the hunt).

The prices you are quoting here are about what I've seen used 2013's priced at also, so go for it before it's too late!

OP
OP
G

GeorgiaAg

Reaction score
I am going to pull the trigger today and place my order. Final walk out price with all taxes/fees is $54,633.70. This guy matched the $51,156 price the other dealership was offering and his dealership offers a lifetime powertrain warranty vs a 6 year.

sublime1996525

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am going to pull the trigger today and place my order. Final walk out price with all taxes/fees is $54,633.70. This guy matched the $51,156 price the other dealership was offering and his dealership offers a lifetime powertrain warranty vs a 6 year.

Damn I'd say you got a good deal. Can I ask where it's located at?

Jme

Full Access Member
Reaction score
that's definitely a good price. I ordered mine in March and paid $52,140 and the only option I have that you're not spec'ing is the tailgate step. Good luck with the deal, you'll love the truck. I've only had mine for a little over 3 weeks but it's just a fantastic vehicle!

TBONE21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
prices look good. I would just deal with the dealer thats being the best in service so far.

OP
OP
G

GeorgiaAg

Reaction score
Athens Ford in Georgia.

Gwinnett Place Ford had the lowest price and I called Sean at Athens to thank him for taking the time to talk to me over the past few days and he asked about the price and said he would meet it. He was definitely the better guy to deal with and they have much better ratings in terms of customer service.

TBONE21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Athens Ford in Georgia.

Gwinnett Place Ford had the lowest price and I called Sean at Athens to thank him for taking the time to talk to me over the past few days and he asked about the price and said he would meet it. He was definitely the better guy to deal with and they have much better ratings in terms of customer service.

Well if thats the case then that is the place I would do business with. Price means a lot but if they are close and are very good with customer service then I would trade there.

sublime1996525

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Athens Ford in Georgia.

I wonder if they'd hook some others up with that deal too lol. Was this for an order or something they have on the lot?