Shelby raptor troubles

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

boomer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
anyone here go thru the PIA of trying to get a Shelby raptor??
i ordered a new 14 screw from my dealer-who is great btw.
did the process of having it dropped at Shelby for complete upgrade kit. normally i do everything myself. (ive own a company that does upgrades, makes our own parts in house etc.)
but just once i wanted the pleasure of getting something and not have to do anything but enjoy driving it.
so in october per Shelbys requirment i paid over $13,000 down. i was told that was to secure my spot on the build list and lock in my spot, get parts ordered etc. ok i can live with that.
on dec 16 my truck was delivered to Shelby. i call to check that they got it ok and they have no idea what i am talking about. i tell them what time it was signed for everything. they dont have a clue and said they will call back......
a week later they call me back and ask for my VIN #, becuase they dont know which truck is mine-no problem even though ive supplied the VIN once before.

after christmas i check back. left a voice mail. then sent 2 emails. then another voice mail. no one calls me back.
then Jeremy calls back gives me a song and dance about moving, this that and the other, but they are storing my truck inside and it wont be long.

january 23 i email, called 4 times no return email or call back. i call and leave a message for a Ralph in customer service. he calls me back finally at the end of the day;
he tells me that they got the truck but it will be at least 90 days before they start on it, then another 6-8 weeks before its done. i ask him why so long before they start on it, and why did i have to make a $13,000 deposit 2 months before they recieved the truck. he says that has nothing to do with it, and if i dont like the process, i can cancel it, but Shelby keeps the deposit!
******** i wont get my deposit back. even if i go that route, Shelby got a interest free loan on my money for 4 months!
he tells me that the have customers with 6 figure builds on super snakes etc, and my raptor isnt going in front of them, no matter when i put a deposit down.
my truck has been there since dec 16 and if i leave it there, it will be at least April before i get it back. if these guys are this much fun to deal with now, what will it be like if i get the truck back and there is a problem with it?

i know i am not spending the $$ on a super snake, but i was spending over $40,000 with Shelby ON TOP of the price of the Raptor, thats over 90K, and i WAS going to do some other things with Shelby while it was there. not now however.....
If Shelby cant produce customer service and a product that they advertise, then they should get out of the Raptor business.
i would have rather went with Rousch at this point.
Plus Shelby over charges like crazy for everything. i dont mind to pay it, because i hope unlike other mods this one will hold its value.
but this crappy customer service isnt worth it.

why would Ford endorse these guys with the ****** attitudes and lack of customer service. oh and the best part is you loose your engine and drivetrain warranties if your truck is a Shelby...
I own a 2 retail stores and if i had the attitude and the tone with my customers that these guys do, i would be out of business, 18 years ago.
wtf is wrong with these guys??
its not a dealership issue, the dealer is awesome, he is a good friend of mine. im not even going to trouble him with this.
the way Shelby markets this is very misleading. they make it seem as if you order this truck from your dealer and pay the dealer when it comes in to them. actually shelby cuts the dealer out and expects the customer to pay Shelby up front for everything. the dealer has no control over it once it hits Shelby.
Shelby has the WORST customer service ive ever experienced.
looks like im not the only one who feels this way. apparently from the other car forums i frequent everyone thinks Shelby is a hot mess;
http://jalopnik.com/5972743/is-shelby-really-this-awful-to-its-dealers

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 12951

Interested how this turns out. I was wanting to get a Shelby in about 3 years, if they are still making em. There was another member in Oklahoma that is getting a Shelby, wonder how he is doing.

It's like Shelby has a name so has a don't care attitude. One day that will catch up to them, it always does for every business.

SPRSNK

I Void Warranties
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They had my GT350 (#20) for a year and never started the build on it either. Let's also add in the fact that the day they opened the order banks, I was the second person to put money down and buy the donor car. I finally sold the car without ever seeing it.

OP
OP
B

boomer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They had my GT350 (#20) for a year and never started the build on it either. Let's also add in the fact that the day they opened the order banks, I was the second person to put money down and buy the donor car. I finally sold the car without ever seeing it.

WOW, holy *****, thats crazy. i am sorry bro!
i cant beleive the shit that Shelby pulls. what a crock

SilentShooter

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I would not have given them a cent let alone my truck without a signed contract from them. This way when they tried telling me the BS that they are feeding you now I would stick it to them.

FullAuto

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sucks man....I've been there with a Car shop before. Good luck and be prepared to laywer up if you need to get your truck + deposit back.

Last edited:

Aggie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You put 13 Grand down on a build upfront? I am sorry man that sucks. Good luck.

Misfit

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is ridiculous. I'm sorry to hear brother. I hope the best for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk