The search begins......

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EVOVII

Reaction score
I am 90% sure that I want to get a Ford Raptor......and since it looks like we are nearing the end of the 2014 run....

the search begins. I live in SF Bay Area, CA. I have checked all the dealers in the immediate area and none are willing to go below MSRP. Only one willing (Morgan Hill) stopped taking orders so now I'm left with looking outside the state.

Anyone have any experience ordering out of state and getting the raptor shipped. Do I need to order a CA specific model (lucky us) or are they all the same?

I talked to Doug over at **** Smith in MO and he was willing to do invoice but I would have take my chances that FORD will take and fulfill my order and I would have to pay $1200 to get it shipped to CA.

Since I am now resigned to pay for shipping....anyone have leads for any Raptors on the lot for invoice.

Looking for the following
Tuxedo Black
801A
Front/Rear Camera
Beadlocks

Thanks for listening

John

JB 2014 Raptor SCrew

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am 90% sure that I want to get a Ford Raptor......and since it looks like we are nearing the end of the 2014 run....

the search begins. I live in SF Bay Area, CA. I have checked all the dealers in the immediate area and none are willing to go below MSRP. Only one willing (Morgan Hill) stopped taking orders so now I'm left with looking outside the state.

Anyone have any experience ordering out of state and getting the raptor shipped. Do I need to order a CA specific model (lucky us) or are they all the same?

I talked to Doug over at **** Smith in MO and he was willing to do invoice but I would have take my chances that FORD will take and fulfill my order and I would have to pay $1200 to get it shipped to CA.

Since I am now resigned to pay for shipping....anyone have leads for any Raptors on the lot for invoice.

Looking for the following
Tuxedo Black
801A
Front/Rear Camera
Beadlocks

Thanks for listening

John

Why not just fly in and drive it back?

Good luck getting your order pulled/filled in time with this wonderful thing know as an "allocation system"

skyscraper

FRF Addict
Reaction score
There is no CA specific model FYI. All raptors come with 50 state smog emissions equipment.

The dealer near me just got a Ruby Red SE in stock a few hours south of you.

Bigg50

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If you're lucky enough to find one one the lot at MSRP jump on it. I place the odds at 1% of getting a dealer to sell you one on the lot below. From discussions on this forum it looks like even current orders are not being filled.

MeenieMe

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Agree. I know more than a handful of people that did exactly this during the '13-'14 Shelby GT500 craze. More than one even drove them back through snow and freezing temps (which was a bit of a gamble with the GY stock tires).

Good luck.

OP
OP
E

EVOVII

Reaction score

Yeah was thinking about this.
1,815 miles according to Google Maps. How long do you think this will take?

Assuming I don't drive too much over the speed limit and dont drive thru the night?

2 and a half days? assuming 70mph for 10 hours a day

Does that sound realistic? Haven't done a real roadtrip like this since i was a little kid.

Anyone know how scenic the drive from MO to NorCal is like? Gotta be better than the 5 down to LA

---------- Post added at 09:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:15 PM ----------

And thanks to those that gave me leads to Raptors on the lot. I will try calling them to see what the deal is

Surly

Reaction score
If you're lucky enough to find one one the lot at MSRP jump on it. I place the odds at 1% of getting a dealer to sell you one on the lot below. From discussions on this forum it looks like even current orders are not being filled.

That is exactly what I did. I found my Ruby Red Supercrew as a dealer order and bought it at MSRP. Had the truck in less than 1 month from it popping up on the dealer's website to my driveway.