Raptor Resale Diminish with New F150?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jmbeebe0722

Reaction score
I have been seriously considering buying a Raptor. I have talked myself into spending the amount, because of Raptor's resell. I tend to change cars often.. Haha.

My question is: Do you think with the new F150 coming out they are coming out with, will hurt "last gen" Raptor resell? Or the opposite since you would no longer be able to buy a new one, until they at least 2016?

Macman

FRF Addict
Reaction score
There is nothing set in stone about a replacement Raptor, so your guess is as good as anyone elses. It will be all speculation at this point.

D

Deleted member 12951

I have been seriously considering buying a Raptor. I have talked myself into spending the amount, because of Raptor's resell. I tend to change cars often.. Haha.

My question is: Do you think with the new F150 coming out they are coming out with, will hurt "last gen" Raptor resell? Or the opposite since you would no longer be able to buy a new one, until they at least 2016?

One of my reasons for a Raptor was due to resale. I usually get a new truck every 3 years, hence why the concern just like you. I don't think anyone knows the answer but I think the Raptor will have an excellent resale in 2015 and possibly drop some IF THEY start making a 2016 raptor. As crazy as it seems, I haven't seen anything official that the raptor will be made in 2016. Ford did stop making the Lightning and it was in demand.

Marcs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It all depends on whether or not Ford decides to bring the raptor back on the new platform. Still, I would expect the resale value to be robust for '14-'15.

srt10viper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Some Raptors with STEEL frames have problems with bending. NO WAY in hell can an ALUMINUM frame truck handle what some of these truck go though now. I doubt it if Ford can produce TWO different frames (one steel and one aluminum) on the same assembly line. JMO

bakkbakk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One of my reasons for a Raptor was due to resale. I usually get a new truck every 3 years, hence why the concern just like you. I don't think anyone knows the answer but I think the Raptor will have an excellent resale in 2015 and possibly drop some IF THEY start making a 2016 raptor. As crazy as it seems, I haven't seen anything official that the raptor will be made in 2016. Ford did stop making the Lightning and it was in demand.

if they came out with a next gen 6.2 with a shit ton more mpg and lowered aluminum weight body id say the current production value would be toast, or the next gen would be just that more expensive. Or both

JBH

Reaction score
I thought about the same thing when deciding to order mine. I think a couple things that will help keep the Raptor's depreciation curve a lot flatter than a standard F150 is 1. Exclusivity- Even if it turns out they make a lot more 2014's it will still be low volume compared to any other model. 2-Big Bore V8. I think it is pretty certain if there is a next gen Raptor it will be powered with a smaller engine. There is a core group of people that there is no replacement for displacement and even if on paper the new engine is more powerful they will always want the bigger motor. 3. Anything with a SVT logo seems to hold its value. What people can get for a Lightning or any Cobra Mustang boggles my mind when compared to a standard model. I see the same thing with the Raptor.

Last edited:

Macman

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Some Raptors with STEEL frames have problems with bending. NO WAY in hell can an ALUMINUM frame truck handle what some of these truck go though now. I doubt it if Ford can produce TWO different frames (one steel and one aluminum) on the same assembly line. JMO

Not sure where you got any of your information, but nowhere does it mention Ford making an aluminum frame, its an all steel frame, stronger than the current frame with an aluminum body...