Raptor Dealers Selling Near Invoice

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
October? I say they have no allotment. If you are ok with waiting until October then just order a 2014.

I don't get it. You are 6 hours away from Steve at Van Bortel where you can order a new raptor at invoice with no deposit yet you chose a local dealer who charged you $1000 over invoice and then told you you would get in October. You sir did not make a wise decision.

Connecticut dealers - All start at MSRP but will negotiate down to $1000 over Invoice. Ordered mine wednesday. Dealer is claimed delivery to be about October. Is this about the estimate everyone else is getting?

Last edited:

jrodrg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
October? I say they have no allotment. If you are ok with waiting until October then just order a 2014.

I don't get it. You are 6 hours away from Steve at Van Bortel where you can order a new raptor at invoice with no deposit yet you chose a local dealer who charged you $1000 over invoice and then told you you would get in October. You sir did not make a wise decision.

hahahaha. You can lead a horse to water......

jdombrowski1077

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was told between 12 weeks to up to 6 months. I will find out tomorrow my order status. If i get the run around i can pull my deposit and make a move. The issue here was that i live in fairfield county and all the yuppies pay over msrp because they dont care. Two dealers five miles apart have claimed to to have sold 13 raptors each in the past year and i was the first person they know of to negotiate below MSRP. They had one customer buy one, take delivery, total it and order a second the next day. He dropped his order and paid well over msrp when he found one in virgina. I weighed the cost of saving a few hundred bucks over paying 1000 dollars over invoice. My cost in travel and two days taking off from work to pick up the truck i would have lost more money than what i paid for the 1000 over invoice. If the dealers in ct didnt deal than bortel would have been the best deal. It was save another 1000 with bortel and lose 1300 in missed work and 200 in travel or pay 1000 over invoice and walk to the dealer a half mile away.

You guys were extremely informative and i appreciate the assistance raptor911 and everyone provided. In the end i will have a Raptor and be just as happy as everyone else on this forum. And i wouldnt be all that upset if i had a 2014 either. ;) now i just get to countdown the days and start looking for the accessories i want to get for when it comes in.

Zach

Reaction score
Just ordered yesterday from Hall Ford in Newport News, VA. Thanks to this forum I probably saved about $3-4k from what I would have paid otherwise. I haven't seen any paperwork listing the actual invoice price yet (the order doesn't actually get placed to Ford until Tuesday) but I know what they offered was at least very close from all the research I've done here (a little over $3k less than MSRP). Details:

2013 SCab, Tuxedo Black
Luxury Package (801A)
Bed Extender

They told me right off the bat that they don't have any allocated and that it could be 8-12 weeks, probably expecting me to be disappointed, but that's in line with what I've seen here. We'll see what they say after a week when the order has gone to the factory. I wouldn't be surprised if the time table shifted to the right even more, but hopefully not. I'm not in an extreme hurry to get the truck. I mainly just wanted a good price on the exact truck I want, and I think I got that so.... pretty happy for now. This was the second dealership I visited in the area and while the first one wasn't bad, it was definitely easier to talk to the guys at Hall.

OP
OP
WyoStorm

WyoStorm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I ordered 2 months ago. I was told 4 to 6 months. So October is not unreasonable.

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk 2

Only dealers with no allotment or potentially tiny dealers would be that long anymore. Very few need wait more than 3-4 months anymore. Quite a few in the 2-3 months. Just so everyone knows that another thing to look into. Allotment, past history of forum members, service, and so on. It's why we're here.

---------- Post added at 04:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:29 AM ----------

Just ordered yesterday from Hall Ford in Newport News, VA. Thanks to this forum I probably saved about $3-4k from what I would have paid otherwise. I haven't seen any paperwork listing the actual invoice price yet (the order doesn't actually get placed to Ford until Tuesday) but I know what they offered was at least very close from all the research I've done here (a little over $3k less than MSRP). Details:

2013 SCab, Tuxedo Black
Luxury Package (801A)
Bed Extender

They told me right off the bat that they don't have any allocated and that it could be 8-12 weeks, probably expecting me to be disappointed, but that's in line with what I've seen here. We'll see what they say after a week when the order has gone to the factory. I wouldn't be surprised if the time table shifted to the right even more, but hopefully not. I'm not in an extreme hurry to get the truck. I mainly just wanted a good price on the exact truck I want, and I think I got that so.... pretty happy for now. This was the second dealership I visited in the area and while the first one wasn't bad, it was definitely easier to talk to the guys at Hall.

Invoice would be around $45,700 including ADV (used $750) plus a full tank of gas.