No Allocation......will it get built?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KYmxracer52

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have recently placed an order with a dealership who has very poor communication, arrogant salespeople, and possibly no allocation. I'm sure others on here are dealing with similar dealerships. They tell you it will be built, but won't confirm or deny allocation.

My question....does anyone on here know anything definite regarding the date that Ford will cease production? Will those that are still placing orders get those pulled and built before that date? Will Ford shut down the ordering system first, then continue to build the ones already ordered? I myself, would love to know this just for peace of mind. This way, if I know my order is not going to get built, I will get my order in for an FX4 before the re-tooling begins. I know those orders will get pulled within days, not months.

I really want this Raptor, but I'm not going to miss out on getting my second choice vehicle, for waiting forever on the Raptor, then be extremely disappointed when I find out I missed out on both. I feel Ford owes it to their customers. (Stepped off soapbox)

skyscraper

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If you can't order one, why not just buy one on a dealer lot instead of settling for your second choice?

MeenieMe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After that opening sentence, I was surprised to see that you didn't walk out of that dealership. My money would be that they do not have a current allocation, but are waiting to see if their zone rep will give them any more. Some dealers are already being told that they are balanced out, and to not place any more raptor orders.

OP
OP
KYmxracer52

KYmxracer52

Full Access Member
Reaction score

No, said they dont take deposits.

If you can't order one, why not just buy one on a dealer lot instead of settling for your second choice?

Haven't had any luck finding what I want on a lot for any reasonable price.

After that opening sentence, I was surprised to see that you didn't walk out of that dealership. My money would be that they do not have a current allocation, but are waiting to see if their zone rep will give them any more. Some dealers are already being told that they are balanced out, and to not place any more raptor orders.

Do you think those without allocations will be SOL as far as getting one built? Apparently this dealership hasn't been told to stop taking orders, seeing as how they're still ordering..............but, that's what makes me weary.

When I asked specifically about allocation and if they had any, he said, "we haven't had any not get built." :think:

JB 2014 Raptor SCrew

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like a 1/2 assed dealership to me

To answer your question about allocation if they are out of allocation they can still order, just order will get declined. Someone posted on here just recently that their dealer told them his order was declined because they had no more allocations coming to them. Even tho they took his deposit and submitted his order.

locktech

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ford will accept the order without an allocation. They won't pull the order until the dealer gets an allocation.

OP
OP
KYmxracer52

KYmxracer52

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info guys. That pretty much clears up the confusion. My dealership says that they are a high-volume truck dealer, so they get orders pulled. Does that make any sense or seem logical?

blood

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the bigger the dealer volume the better.