New raptor // kinda disgusted!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ALDABRAMAN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, back in January i ordered a new 2014 Raptor. My thoughts were to get one of the last ones produced, mainly because my 2012 was almost three years old and almost at the 36,000 mile mark. I ordered just what i wanted and it arrived on 04-24-2014. At first i was very excited, actually overwhelmed at the trade in amount they gave me on my 2012. Maybe it is just me, however here are the issues i have had so far: The drivers side door exterior plastic piece was terribly scratched, the front end was off and the wheel out of center, the front hood was not aligned, the rear left tire was out of round. All have been addresses and adjusted or fixed, however those tires absolutely ride terrible! I do not remember having any issues on my first Raptor!

* Anyone else have the same opinion on those stock tires, kinda ride shaky?

NJStangersJonathan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
kinda shaky? definitely not...I'd check for loose lug nuts or something that's really strange. My old truck had BF Goodrich All Terrains and so does my Raptor so no difference at all in other that my Raptor takes these crappy Jersey potholes much easier on my back.

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Something is off. I'd take it right back to the stealer and let them deal with it.

D

Deleted member 12951

No issues with my 2014 tires. Sounds like they need to balance all four.

pat'sRAPTOR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yea definitely not the tires I've gone through 3 sets of the stock bfg all terrains and love them! Never had any of them shaky

OP
OP
ALDABRAMAN

ALDABRAMAN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I actually took it back the day after i took delivery and they completely exchanged bot rear tires and rims from another new truck they had on the lot for sale, corrected the shaky issues. I am thinking that the true issue is just me being used to 37" Nitto's that were on my 2012!

Anyone else find that the front hood does not align up well?

Attachments

• IMG_1632.jpg
    IMG_1632.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_1606.jpg
    IMG_1606.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:

Hazzard

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No some poor unsuspecting sap will get bad wheel / tire. Shady.I hate when dealers do this.

Yukon Joe
GREAT LAKES RAPTOR EXCURSIONS

Happens more then you think, when I bought my F250 the tranny went out at 8000 miles. They had it almost a week and my nephew had a big race coming up we had to trailer the car to so I went in and explained to them (threw an absolute shit fit) why I needed the truck back, they pulled another F250 in off the lot and took the tranny out of it and put it in mine I literally watched them do it. I was dumbfounded to say the least but I had my truck back that day. I'm not sure if they could even sell that one as a new truck anymore but I bet they did.

HeloA&P

Reaction score
Man I feel for you..... Look under the truck as well. Mine was literally covered in surface corrosion.