NAV Map version?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FordIVTteam

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi, everyone -

I just wanted to jump in to clarify some information.

If your truck did not come with the in-dash navigation feature from the factory, you cannot add this feature by simply inserting an SD card.

When updates are made available, letters are usually sent out. Otherwise, you can always check with HERE (formally Navteq), our map supplier:

GPS Navigation System | HERE | Navigation.com

If you'd like to report missing or incorrect information to be corrected on a future update, you can do so here:

https://mapreporter.navteq.com/#dashboard

It does require you to make an account.

Map updates are separate from SYNC software updates. You can check to see if you have one available by logging into your SYNC owner account, and clicking on UPDATE SYNC SOFTWARE from the right side of the welcome page:

http://support.ford.com/

The SD card slot in located on the media hub in the center console.

The A5 navigation card has maps for the U.S., and Canada; B5 is for the U.S., and Mexico.

If anyone has additional questions, feel free to give me a shout.

Jaclyn

Last edited:

Tiberius

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi, everyone -

I just wanted to jump in to clarify some information.

If your truck did not come with the in-dash navigation feature from the factory, you cannot add this feature by simply inserting an SD card.

When updates are made available, letters are usually sent out. Otherwise, you can always check with HERE (formally Navteq), our map supplier:

GPS Navigation System | HERE | Navigation.com

If you'd like to report missing or incorrect information to be corrected on a future update, you can do so here:

https://mapreporter.navteq.com/#dashboard

It does require you to make an account.

Map updates are separate from SYNC software updates. You can check to see if you have one available by logging into your SYNC owner account, and clicking on UPDATE SYNC SOFTWARE from the right side of the welcome page:

SYNC Technology | SYNC Support | Ford.com

The SD card slot in located on the media hub in the center console.

The A5 navigation card has maps for the U.S., and Canada; B5 is for the U.S., and Mexico.

If anyone has additional questions, feel free to give me a shout.

Jaclyn

When would you expect the next set of maps to come out? Presumably A6

Supercup

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 14 - picked up July 3rd - day it was delivered to dealer. It has the A5 card in it.

So they were coming in trucks shipped in June.

Idleone

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Can someone tell me where to find this "card" in my 11 with nav? I've never messed with it before but have never seen a card. I really want to update as my own neighborhood isn't on the map, but not for 150 bucks, especially if it is not worth it. Any help is appreciated.

D

Deleted member 12951

Can someone tell me where to find this "card" in my 11 with nav? I've never messed with it before but have never seen a card. I really want to update as my own neighborhood isn't on the map, but not for 150 bucks, especially if it is not worth it. Any help is appreciated.

I believe with that year it is a DVD. You will see a small thin cover that allows you to eject it.

pat247

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I purchased a new A5 SD card last night on ebay for $51.99 buy it now with free shipping. My 14 came with the A4 so I assume you just switch out the SD cards and hope Murphy's law doesn't mess things up.