my theory on why 2014 production has been suspended......

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EVOVII

Reaction score
this is just my theory no facts behind it so don't flame me. Opinions solely of the poster.....

so some dealers i have talked to during my search have said that they are on a "commodities" hold so that production is slow to stopped for now on Raptors. Basically they said they are missing a part to finish off the Raptor so it is holding up production.

My thinking is that FORD has good control of supply of "in house" parts. What they dont have as much control of are parts from outside suppliers like FOX. So I think a shortage of FOX shocks is holding up production. Now here is where it gets interesting. FOX is backed up because they are busy getting production up for 2015 RAPTORS!!!!

haha...what the mind does when it cant get of a hold of a 2014 Raptor

dataustin

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Your theory is correct, you just have the wrong part. FORD sole sources it's lug nuts from a factory in Crimea and Putin won't allow any shipments to the USA....

BigBOSS

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Very funny , i could only hope. 12 weeks this coming week. NATA

Only kidding.. I know your pain. Mine was built 2/14 and I still don't have it although it's ALMOST in Texas now. I call the automated train car tracking phone number every 2 hours lol.

iSurvive

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My new Raptor was built on 2/29/14 and arrives 4/1/14, so I'm a happy camper! The salesman told be this new build on the factory line includes Fox shocks with the new QAB adjustment knobs, a Ford Race Series frame support and bump stops, and an OEM cold air intake.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jumpcutter