My 2014 Scab is home.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

R1jamn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I picked up my Scab yesterday (12/06/13).
It took 3 months from order date to delivery date.
The whole process went great. The flight out to San Jose was smooth and trouble free.
But there was a couple of glitches with the Raptor itself.
I was shown my Raptor when I first arrived. It was in the detailing bay.
I turned the ignition key on and looked at the odometer. It had 9 miles on the clock.
Then we walked into the office and started paper work.
I asked for 1.99% financing and got it. No Problem.
They tried to upcharge me on the price of my Raptor from the agreed price. Ford had increased the base price, and they wanted to pass it on to me.
I said I would pay on the agreed price as per the signed purchase order. They agreed. No Problem.

I performed an inspection on the vehicle and found a couple of glitches.
1.) The kid detailing my Raptor scratched the hell out of the clear plexiglass that covers the tach and speedometer with a shit rag.
The dealership will be ordering a new one and I will install it myself once they ship it to me. This has been completley documented on a "Due Bill".
2.) The passenger door detent mechanism was broken ( the door would keep closing after it was opened. It wasn't catching on the plastic detent rod.)
I thought the fender would have to be removed to fix it. Nope! Just need to remove an access cover under the glove box area to replace the detent mechanism.
The dealership wanted to fix it but they did not have the part and they would have had to order it too. I do not live local.
So all of us agreed that I should just take it to a Ford dealership in my area for warranty repair.
I will do this repair myself, but I will pay for and install the Door Detent 3.0

I asked for the tank to be filled with Premium gasoline (91 octane in CA).
I drove the saleman to a Chevron and watched him fill my tank with premium ($88 worth). No Problem
My salesman synced my smartphone to the Raptor. Excellent.
So I officially took delivery of my Raptor and immidiately starting putting a couple of mods on it right there on the dealer lot. (Moroso Oil Catch Can, D-Bug Screen, Ford Fuel Plug)
Then my salesman bought me dinner while I was working on my Raptor. He is F***ing Cool.
No hassels or ********. They were actually pleasant to deal with.
I'm finally ready to leave and it starts raining. Oh Well. At least I'm in a Raptor.

Attachments

• Flight to San Jose.jpg
    Flight to San Jose.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 93
  • IMG_2330.jpg
    IMG_2330.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 124
  • IMG_2332.jpg
    IMG_2332.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 108
  • IMG_2334.jpg
    IMG_2334.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 117
  • IMG_2336.jpg
    IMG_2336.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 116
Last edited:
OP
OP
R1jamn

R1jamn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Drove her home.
Pics do not do this vehicle justice.
There is nothing like standing right in front of it.

Attachments

• IMG_2343.jpg
    IMG_2343.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 112
  • IMG_2341.jpg
    IMG_2341.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 108
  • IMG_2338.jpg
    IMG_2338.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 117
  • IMG_2346.jpg
    IMG_2346.jpg
    113.5 KB · Views: 114
  • IMG_2348.jpg
    IMG_2348.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 118
OP
OP
R1jamn

R1jamn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Passenger door detent mechanism that is not working.
It could be broken inside or the assembly unit is bad.
Won't know until I remove it. But "Door Detent 3.0" will be replacing it.

Attachments

• IMG_2349.jpg
    IMG_2349.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 98

RLTW

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Went the right way with the white scab, welcome to the club brother!

OP
OP
R1jamn

R1jamn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
congrats.

what hose and fittings did u use for the catch can? got links to them?

Thanks Nick.
I know you have this kit already because I sent you a PM.
But the other info you will find helpful.
I imporvised most of the kit.

Moroso Air/Oil Catch Can Kit #85607 – small body (black anodize) for 2012’ and up Ford Raptors.
I had the stainless steel bracket powder coated (black) (compound TGIC Polyester) (JR Powder Coating) The bracket is made from series 409 stainless steel (crap stainless steel).
I buffed down all the edges on the bracket because it had sharp edges and corners everywhere. I used a Norton Bear Tex wheel for this process. Then I had it powder coated. ($40)
I fitted the Moroso catch can with XRP barbed 90 deg aluminum fittings (black anodize) (size -8 AN) (it screws into the catch can with 3/8-18 NPT)
I used teflon tape on the NPT threads of the fittings and copper anti-seize grease on the straight thread for the hose fittings.
I fitted the Russell Performance hose with XRP straight barbed aluminum fittings (black anodized)(size -8 AN)
I used Russell Performance Twist-Lok hose (color is Blue). It’s a push-on hose with a CPE synthetic rubber liner (chlorinated polyethylene) with a reinforced fabric braid (size -8 AN/.500” I.D.)
(lengths 13.” and 20.”) (rated for 250 psi) (temp range -40 to +350 F). I ordered it from Summit Racing (10 ft. length)
I bought an extra pcv to induction hose with the fittings from FordParts.com and removed the hose from fittings with a heat gun.
I kept the original one from the Raptor just in case the Moroso leaks (I'm sure it won't though)
I used Norma Torro hose clamps (German Style) to secure the hose to the barbs (size 12mm wide x 16-24mm dia hose) (material W4 which is a great 300 series SS)
Installed a Fluorocarbon (FKM) 75-durometer (black) o-ring (size -135) for the catch can. Installed a Viton Fluorocarbon o-ring for the Ford nipples.
I bought “Super Lube” a silicon o-ring grease to lube the o-rings with. (made for Fluorocarbon o-rings)
I purchased an extra Moroso mesh screen for the catch can (part #85472060/4ft.) thru Lethal Performance. I had to cut it in half and then roll it up with the ones in the catch can for each chamber.
I purchased 3/8 inch and 1/4 inch washers for the 1/4-20 bracket bolts and 10mm strut tower studs.
I purchased new Ford Nylock nuts for the tower bracket hold down studs, as per Ford service manual. Tighten new Nylock nuts down to 30 lb-ft.
I purchased the XRP fittings from TMR in Orange, California, 714-771-1348
I improvised the retainer plate for the mesh screen. It is cheap cast aluminum .030 thick. I made my own retaining plate made out of 6061-T6 that is .125 thick.

Attachments

• IMG_2269.jpg
    IMG_2269.jpg
    132 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_2268.jpg
    IMG_2268.jpg
    115.8 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_2270.jpg
    IMG_2270.jpg
    121.4 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_2264.jpg
    IMG_2264.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_2266.jpg
    IMG_2266.jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 73
Last edited:

RLTW

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I agree, had my 13 since april, still not tired of looking at it!

MS Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
R1
Love your truck. I have a white Supercab on order. Does your truck have the mid perch mod in those pics?