Go Back   FORD RAPTOR FORUM - Ford SVT Raptor Forums - Ford Raptor > Ford Raptor Tech Forums > 2014 Ford SVT Raptor Forum (Reply Only)
Become a Supporting Member         Become a Supporting Vendor

Register to remove these ads.

2014 Ford SVT Raptor Forum (Reply Only)

Model Differences

This is a discussion on Model Differences within the 2014 Ford SVT Raptor Forum (Reply Only) forums, part of the Ford Raptor Tech Forums category!
Hi all, I'm new to this forum but I'm looking to buy a Raptor and have a couple of questions. ...

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-21-2014, 05:31 PM   #1 (permalink)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

(Thread Starter)
Default Model Differences
Hi all, I'm new to this forum but I'm looking to buy a Raptor and have a couple of questions.

I live in the UAE and theres only 2 (4 if you include Super Cab and Super Crew as different) models as standard here. Theres quite bit of difference in the prices between the 2 (one is 202,000AED and the other is 285,000AED - about 55,000USD - 77,000USD). The main difference I can see is that the more expensive model has Long Travel Suspension with Hill Descent Mode. The rest seem to be minor. Is this worth the massive jump in price?

Ive included the full list of differences below if anyone is interested.

The more expensive model has the following which the other doesn't...
  • Long Travel Suspension and Hill Descent Mode
  • Front Camera
  • HID Lamps
  • 17" Forged Aluminium Bead Lock Wheels (as opposed to 17" Alloy Wheels on the cheaper one)
  • Power Monoroof
  • Stowable Bed Extender
  • Side Mirror Powerfold with Driver Side Auto Dimming
  • Flared Front Fenders and Hood with Air Extractor
  • Tailgate Step
  • Navigation System
  • Power Adjustable Pedals
  • Power Tilt Steering Wheel
  • Sony Sound System
  • Dual Zone Climate Control
  • Auto Dimming Rear View Mirror with compass
  • Heated/cooled Driver Seat
  • Remote Start

Basically just wondering the thoughts of current owners on these features and if they are worth the extra $22,000!! Seems a lot to me!

Much appreciated.

---------- Post added at 03:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:14 PM ----------

Oh it seems ive posted this in the wrong forum, I'll post it in the prospective owners forum, apologies.

funkcanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 05:50 PM   #2 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

we don't have a stock option that comes with long travel.

---------- Post added at 03:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:49 PM ----------

would be interesting to see pics of what you are choosing from over there.

Old 06-21-2014, 05:56 PM   #3 (permalink)

FRF Addict

Mentioned: 64 Post(s)

Yeah, that "long travel suspension" thing is peculiar. If it has more than 12 inches of wheel travel, it would be pretty surprising. Also, the hill descent mode is standard on all Raptors. That's peculiar too.

If you intend to garage this vehicle, do realize that the SuperCrew model is about 12 inches longer overall than the SuperCab model. I can just barely get my SuperCab into my garage. The SuperCrew wouldn't fit.

"I like my coffee black, and my tea in the harbor." - Jay Posey, author
Ruger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 06:01 PM   #4 (permalink)

(Thread Starter)
Originally Posted by bakkbakk View Post
we don't have a stock option that comes with long travel.

---------- Post added at 03:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:49 PM ----------

would be interesting to see pics of what you are choosing from over there.
Hi it's not a "stock" option, just the ones that the Ford dealer has as an option here, if you get what I mean? :) They order them fully kitted out (the expensive one) or not (the cheaper one) from the USA and sell them as 2 variants, either without or with the options I mentioned above. I can't get a pic as they didn't have one in but I can upload the spec sheets tomorrow.

---------- Post added at 04:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:00 PM ----------

Originally Posted by Ruger View Post
Yeah, that "long travel suspension" thing is peculiar. If it has more than 12 inches of wheel travel, it would be pretty surprising. Also, the hill descent mode is standard on all Raptors. That's peculiar too.

If you intend to garage this vehicle, do realize that the SuperCrew model is about 12 inches longer overall than the SuperCab model. I can just barely get my SuperCab into my garage. The SuperCrew wouldn't fit.
I'm not 100% sure what the long travel suspension even does! Forgive my ignorance, I'm currently a mustang driver and I'm pretty sure they don't even have suspension ;)
Old 06-22-2014, 01:47 AM   #5 (permalink)

Full Access Member

My super cab fits in my standard size garage. I think the only actual differences would be weight, length, and different doors!
ALDABRAMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 02:09 AM   #6 (permalink)

(Thread Starter)
I'll be going for the SuperCrew, but what about the features? Is there any reason at all that to include those features is worth around$20.000?
Old 06-22-2014, 03:28 AM   #7 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)

It's market adjustment......
sublime1996525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 06:47 AM   #8 (permalink)

(Thread Starter)
Ok here are the 2 options. Which would you go for, considering the massive price difference?

I can't order a base model and then purchase additional options like it seems you can do in the USA, its just one of these pre-made "packages" I can choose from.
Old 06-22-2014, 10:39 AM   #9 (permalink)

FRF Addict

Mentioned: 84 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

The first one is a base model raptor. The second is the 801a equivalent. With the added tailgate and bed extender. Just creative wording or miss translation for the suspension. The rest is all standard options

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Icom F5021,RPG Stg 4+ Fox 3.0 coilovers, RPG Tie-rods (modified to camburg hardware), RPG PS reservoir, Camburg 1.25" UCA's , Raptor -Retro fit '13 HIDS, Line-x preminum, Bluewater LED bed lights, Ipad mini navigation. Bubba rope. Rollx, Recon 10.5k winch synth rope, factor 55, SVC Custom acuated tower. Visions 30" xmitter extreme, 35" toyo MT, visionx 6550 spot.
Huck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 11:25 AM   #10 (permalink)

(Thread Starter)
Originally Posted by Huck View Post
The first one is a base model raptor. The second is the 801a equivalent. With the added tailgate and bed extender. Just creative wording or miss translation for the suspension. The rest is all standard options

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thank you! Much appreciated.

I obviously like the extras on the 801a but not sure they're worth $20,000 to me at this point.

Thanks to everyone, ill be back when I get my Raptor :)