Incomplete VIN?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jkscuba

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Called my salesman today to see if he had an update on my truck - he said it still has an incomplete vin but that they think it will be here in June instead of July now. I'm unfamiliar with the process - does this sound right to anyone? Everything I've seen has been around two months after the vin has been assigned. I assume incomplete vin means it has not been assigned yet...

Also changed from a black SE to a ruby red SE :rockit: Been second guessing black since I put down the deposit

blood

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
you get a full vin# when its scheduled to be built.

OP
OP
jkscuba

jkscuba

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So is there any reason to think June is feasible without a full vin at this point? They have nothing to gain by telling me it will get here sooner so it's confusing why they would do so without a vin and build date. Is production possibly picking up to get all the 14's out to start on the 15's?

FordService

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Called my salesman today to see if he had an update on my truck - he said it still has an incomplete vin but that they think it will be here in June instead of July now...

Hi jkscuba,

Send me a PM with your order number and dealership name/location; I'll see if I can get some additional info for you. :)

Crystal

OP
OP
jkscuba

jkscuba

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Crystal! I'll get the order number from my salesman and send it to you. Guessing it changed since I switched trucks. Greatly appreciated!