Here's the update that I got on my order today...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jme

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My dealer just emailed me this afternoon...

"The Ford rep pushed it through and it’s going to lock in tonight at midnight. Once it’s in order bank it should take 10-12 weeks. I ordered my brother in laws lariat on 12-7-13 and it arrived 2-13-14. If you want to change color let me know tonight as a I don’t think I can change tomorrow. Email me back or call "

Great news... But now I feel under the gun! I'm still so conflicted between race red and white!! The order is in for white right now, but I've seen a ton of pictures of race red that look fantastic tonight that's making me lean towards changing!! If I just go back and forth with myself a little while longer I won't have a choice anymore and my decision will be made.

D

Deleted member 12951

Get white. I just got Ruby Red which I know isn't Race Red but my last truck was white and this red one that I just got is a finger print magnet, its showing everything, driving me nuts.

JB 2014 Raptor SCrew

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My dealer just emailed me this afternoon...

"The Ford rep pushed it through and it’s going to lock in tonight at midnight. Once it’s in order bank it should take 10-12 weeks. I ordered my brother in laws lariat on 12-7-13 and it arrived 2-13-14. If you want to change color let me know tonight as a I don’t think I can change tomorrow. Email me back or call "

Great news... But now I feel under the gun! I'm still so conflicted between race red and white!! The order is in for white right now, but I've seen a ton of pictures of race red that look fantastic tonight that's making me lean towards changing!! If I just go back and forth with myself a little while longer I won't have a choice anymore and my decision will be made.

Hopefully they're telling the truth, but I wouldn't bank on it. From what I was told today ZERO Raptor orders are being pulled until the 2nd week of April

Oh and Oxford White>Race Red

Scubasigguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd vote for white, but motorcycles excluded, I tend to only buy white or silver vehicles when those colors are available.

OP
OP
Jme

Jme

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks for the input guys, I decided to stick with the white... I think both colors look great but in the end I figured I'd go with my initial choice... and if I decide I like red better I can always sell it in a couple years when the new Raptor comes out and order one of those in red!

Oh, JB 2014 Raptor SCrew, I have no reason not to believe the dealer... the email I received was from the GM and the owner is a friend. I made it quite clear when I ordered it that I'm in no rush, as long as I end up with a truck. so, he'd really have no reason to tell me it was being pulled if it weren't. But then again, who knows... I guess we'll see in 10-12 weeks.

ducatisps, my Ducati was yellow... but other than that I tend to agree with your reasoning, thanks.

XxWarEaglexX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All I can say is good luck with that timeline your dealer gave you. My dealer told me the same thing 8-10 weeks. I ordered my truck back in November. Good luck the wait sucks!

Sent from my SCH-S950C using Tapatalk 2