Finally.......but with some dissappointment

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wws

Reaction score
My raptor arrived today........but had some shipping damage. Both passenger side plastic wheel flare covers need to be replaced. Front passenger SE wheel bead lock was dented and needs to be replaced. Front passenger door has a small scuff mark in the clear coat that needs to be buffed out, and a dent was pulled out as well. 6.2L emblem needs to be replaced. Lastly the passenger front bottom control arm had some gouging and is being replaced. The dealership is fixing everything........I am glad they were honest about it. I should take possession this coming mid week. I inspected every inch of the truck and did not find anything else.

Az Scooter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That would truly suck. I would make an effort to see if it was recorded on car fax. You don't want to have diminished value before you even take possession of the truck. I would also be very curious to hear how it happened.

ALDABRAMAN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
WOW, That is a lot of damage, kinda like getting a used truck now!

* Make sure they put the 6.2L emblem on straight, my neighbor had a similar issue and they sloppily just pealed the tape a placed it on crooked! I think at the factory they have templates that makes sure they are straight and centered, replacement ones are probably just guessed at and stuck on!

I really feel sorry for you!

OP
OP
W

wws

Reaction score
Dealer is not sure how the damage happened. The Trucking company made note of the damage as they were taking possession of it from the rail shipping portion.

I will definitely look on car fax to see if the damage gets recorded.

As for the emblem, the dealer left on the old sticky material so they know the location and proper placement.

D

Deleted member 12951

I doubt it will be on carfax. But even if so, it could take 30+ days to show up

ZBoater

FRF Addict
Reaction score
And if it does, it will be noted as minor damage, mostly cosmetic. Mine had that notation. No big deal.

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'd be pissed too. make sure they give you the discount, if the shipping company admitted it up front they got the money. If you have the dealer stick the emblem on and buff it that will coast you that discounted money.