February is truck month?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

scubasteve

Reaction score
Has anyone else heard that Feb is Ford truck month?
I picked up my new SCAB from the dealer yesterday and they tell me because I took delivery in February it is truck month and my 3 year 36,000 mile warranty is now 5 year 100,000 powertrain warranty.
I guess it paid off the wait a little longer for it to come in.:banana-mario:

FullAuto

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Has anyone else heard that Feb is Ford truck month?
I picked up my new SCAB from the dealer yesterday and they tell me because I took delivery in February it is truck month and my 3 year 36,000 mile warranty is now 5 year 100,000 powertrain warranty.
I guess it paid off the wait a little longer for it to come in.:banana-mario:

I didn't hear that from my dealer.

FullAuto

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My impression was that all powertrain was 5 year 100k. The 3 year 36k was bumper to bumper...

That is what I have.....I may purchase a ESP before my first year is up if I think I am going to keep this truck past three years.

Edit: Didn't catch that at first. I have a 5 year 60k mile powertrain.

Last edited:

Vash

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It can be whatever month your dealer tells you it is if they put it in writing. Otherwise, it's just another empty promise made in February. The other thing is that I believe warranty claims are approved by Ford with regard to reimbursing the dealer for parts and labor otherwise the dealer is just out of pocket.

I'm not saying the dealer's claim isn't true, but just make sure you get proof. I've seen many cases where there's promotions etc. applicable to regular models and the all bets on eligibility for the promotion are off once your throw the SVT badge into the mix.

Edit: As previously stated, bumper to bumper and powertrain warranties are different. I know mine are 3yr, 36k and 5yr, 60k respectively. I have a 2011 though. It's possible newer models have been bumped to a 5yr, 100k powertrain warranty.

http://www.fordservicecontent.com/Ford_Content/catalog/owner_guides/14frdwa3e.pdf

Based on the Ford Owner site, it looks like the 5yr, 100k powertrain only applies to the 6.7L powerstroke diesel. Your dealership may have a promo unrelated to Ford's manufacturer warranty kind of like how some places provide lifetime tires.

Last edited: