Debate Rages On...Thoughts?

Which wheels should I go with?

• OEM SE Beadlocks / BFG AT

Votes: 30 58.8%
  • Method NV / Center Caps / Goodyear Duratracs

Votes: 21 41.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

glow

Reaction score
This is coming from someone who has never used the method NVs so I can't speak on performance, just wanted to put that out there, that being said here we go :)

I am kind of surprised as many people like the after market rims as they do. I guess I love the beadlocks because I am see them all the time on our tactical vehicles, they look very heavy duty and business oriented, vs the aftermarkets which remind me of all the other trucks around here that jack their trucks up and put new rims on and they NEVER see a spot or dirt or mud, they just seem very showy to me.

Different strokes for different folks :)

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Look ... The NUMBER 1 MOD anyone can do to any car to completely change it's character are wheels and tires. And it's a change you can take back to stock in 20 mins by reinstalling the stock wheels and tires. That being said, Methods on Raptors are just great looking. My wife who just hates cars and hates how much money i spend on them told me she can't believe how much the raptor changed with just with NVs and duratracs.

This is coming from someone who has never used the method NVs so I can't speak on performance, just wanted to put that out there, that being said here we go :)

I am kind of surprised as many people like the after market rims as they do. I guess I love the beadlocks because I am see them all the time on our tactical vehicles, they look very heavy duty and business oriented, vs the aftermarkets which remind me of all the other trucks around here that jack their trucks up and put new rims on and they NEVER see a spot or dirt or mud, they just seem very showy to me.

Different strokes for different folks :)

glow

Reaction score
Oh yes, very easy to change no doubt, and my wife loves them too, though she loves the rims on her Jeep Patriot, so I am not sure I trust her judgement :)

I just don't care for them, too showy, what I like about the Raptor is that it is built for business, it is MEANT to go off road, not like a lot of trucks that just swap out the rims and tires to try and look cool. The beadlocks just mean business to me.

Buddy of mine called my Raptor an "Urban Assault Vehicle", said it looked like it should be painted in desert or olive drab, made me laugh but I loved it.

I think I would spend my money on Light bars, a winch, something that I feel I would get a lot of return out of.

Like I said, different strokes for different folks :)

OP
OP
SlimChaChi

SlimChaChi

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Oh yes, very easy to change no doubt, and my wife loves them too, though she loves the rims on her Jeep Patriot, so I am not sure I trust her judgement :)

I just don't care for them, too showy, what I like about the Raptor is that it is built for business, it is MEANT to go off road, not like a lot of trucks that just swap out the rims and tires to try and look cool. The beadlocks just mean business to me.

Buddy of mine called my Raptor an "Urban Assault Vehicle", said it looked like it should be painted in desert or olive drab, made me laugh but I loved it.

I think I would spend my money on Light bars, a winch, something that I feel I would get a lot of return out of.

Like I said, different strokes for different folks :)
I hear ya on that. Only issue is the that beadlocks are just as good as street locks when it comes to the raptor. Unless you go and buy the locking ring and bolts.. you just have a streetlock, well beadlock capable actually. Still, can't do much without the ring (they are nice though)

I agree. Different strokes for different folks. And honestly if the offset was more to my liking I'd likely stick with the stockers. They just look to deep into the fenders for my liking. Though I realize it's done with a purpose based on performance and suspension, it's just not to my liking.

Last edited:

glow

Reaction score
And the beadlocks are free! Well, on the special edition which is what I have.

I admit part of it is that I am cheap and couldn't convince myself to spend money on something that already works great. I have too many expensive hobbies, I need to get a scope on my new .308 remmy 700 tactical, and that will run me $1500 easy :)

TheJoker

FRF Addict
Reaction score
And the beadlocks are free! Well, on the special edition which is what I have.

I admit part of it is that I am cheap and couldn't convince myself to spend money on something that already works great. I have too many expensive hobbies, I need to get a scope on my new .308 remmy 700 tactical, and that will run me $1500 easy :)

"FREE"... hahahahhahahah!!!

Selling your SE wheels will pay for new Methods and you'll have $ left over to help purchase your .308.

I have Method NV's with 35" Toyo AT II's at mid perch, No rubbing at all.

D

Deleted member 12951

Just painting the stock beadlock rings black and changing the lug nut to black gives it a whole different look. Even my local dealer thought they were after market wheels.

tplee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I guess this thread is still alive...

The SE B/L's all day and its not even close--not that there is anything wrong with the Methods. I ran a similar wheel on my last truck. But 35" and larger ATs ought to be outlawed. Thinking I'll just go do some burnouts so I can wear out my ATs and get a set of KM2s--only thing this truck is missing from the factory is a sexy set of mud grips.

Last edited: