Debate Rages On...Thoughts?

Which wheels should I go with?

• OEM SE Beadlocks / BFG AT

Votes: 30 58.8%
  • Method NV / Center Caps / Goodyear Duratracs

Votes: 21 41.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
SlimChaChi

SlimChaChi

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Was waiting on other responses. How is noise and wet performance compared to stock tire?

Is that Duratrac a 35" tire?

yup, 35", same size as the bfts, 315/70/17

noise isn't bad, i couldn't really notice a difference compared to the stock tires. as far as comfort, the duratracs right much smoother imo. wet performance has been awesome, stops on wet roads have been smooth. haven't taken them offroad so i can't speak to that.

i've had the NVs on for about a 10 days with the duratracs. i love the stance, i'm getting a little rub at full lock, but i'm on the lowest perch setting so i may have to go to mid perch to get rid of it. still debating what to do with the stock rims though, i may just throw them on for the summer with the bfgs and keep the nvs / duratracs for the winter. not sure which way i want to go. i do now that once i swap the suspension, the stockers won't work.

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I am on NVs with Duratracs at stock perch and I do not get any rubbing at all. Also remember to carry 1 set of stock lugs with you just in case you flat and need to run the spare.

yup, 35", same size as the bfts, 315/70/17

noise isn't bad, i couldn't really notice a difference compared to the stock tires. as far as comfort, the duratracs right much smoother imo. wet performance has been awesome, stops on wet roads have been smooth. haven't taken them offroad so i can't speak to that.

i've had the NVs on for about a 10 days with the duratracs. i love the stance, i'm getting a little rub at full lock, but i'm on the lowest perch setting so i may have to go to mid perch to get rid of it. still debating what to do with the stock rims though, i may just throw them on for the summer with the bfgs and keep the nvs / duratracs for the winter. not sure which way i want to go. i do now that once i swap the suspension, the stockers won't work.

OP
OP
SlimChaChi

SlimChaChi

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I am on NVs with Duratracs at stock perch and I do not get any rubbing at all. Also remember to carry 1 set of stock lugs with you just in case you flat and need to run the spare.

really...damn...i get rub...not bad, but enough to where it's annoying. i'll have to check that out...i'm wondering if i jacked something up mounting them.

good call on the stock lugs...been meaning to call discount to send me a spare rim and tire setup. for now i'll bring those lugs along!

OP
OP
SlimChaChi

SlimChaChi

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ahh...i remember that thread...it convinced me of the setup back when I had my fx4 leveled out. I'm thinking I may have to get the alignment checked or possibly dismount and remount. Not sure why...full lock definitely rubs for me.

DeepSeaOne

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been down the "gotta have weels/tires" road numerous times before and its generally one of the biggest wastes of $$$ for the gain there is unless you're the 1% that needs to get from point A to point B through a swamp or rock pile. Believe me I get it though and as I've said.. I've been there so I would never ask....why bother. May-toys need no explanation.

That said One thing I have to give the factory bead locks props for is how easy they are to keep clean. I really like not being able to see the crap on the back sides of my wheels. One less thing to clean.