Dealing with dealers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sublime1996525

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have any of you guys heard this from a local dealer? "There is no way I can sell this truck to you for much less than the $10k market adjustment, they are a rare, limited production truck and there is no way you'll find one for anything less than MSRP. If they were out there for under MSRP we'd be all over them and sell them at a markup." I had one guy tell me he used to be a broker and the best deal he ever found was $2k under MSRP and pretty much said if a dealer said they could do under MSRP they were full of shit.

Have you guys that have gotten a deal on your Raptor taken your order sheet into the dealer to show them? I'm so tempted to print out my order and walk into the dealer and just show them it is possible to still get a Raptor for just over invoice and much much less than $10k over MSRP.

Sorry for the rant, some dealers just **** me off.

oxfordraptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Have any of you guys heard this from a local dealer? "There is no way I can sell this truck to you for much less than the $10k market adjustment, they are a rare, limited production truck and there is no way you'll find one for anything less than MSRP. If they were out there for under MSRP we'd be all over them and sell them at a markup." I had one guy tell me he used to be a broker and the best deal he ever found was $2k under MSRP and pretty much said if a dealer said they could do under MSRP they were full of shit.

Have you guys that have gotten a deal on your Raptor taken your order sheet into the dealer to show them? I'm so tempted to print out my order and walk into the dealer and just show them it is possible to still get a Raptor for just over invoice and much much less than $10k over MSRP.

I was at a stop light in front of the Automall and one of the Ford sales guys (I recognized from when I get oil changes but he doesn't know me) motioned for me to roll down the window and then asked how I liked it. I told him I loved it and he asked what I paid. I told him $51,340 which was $1000 below MSRP and he immediately was like well you didn't get it from us. I said yeah i know because you guys are ****** people with your 10 grand dealer markup. In their defense, why wouldn't they? They stay on the lot less than 15 days with 10 grand markup.

bakkbakk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
why don't you just show them that dealership in Kansas that runs their whole business at $50 over invoice and tell him to shut his ******* mouth. lying **** bumps

---------- Post added at 02:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:30 PM ----------

its not about why wouldn't they, its about them lying thru their ***** holes

SlimChaChi

FRF Addict
Reaction score
i ordered mine back in may at msrp...the next day, found a dealer that would do the deal for 3k less. brought that to the dealership i ordered from and they said "no problem". trucks been built just waiting for it to get shipped out.

in that time, a local dealer near me got 4 raptors on the lot, 1 with the same configuration as mine (minus maybe a spray in liner & tonneau)...somehow, the msrp was higher than mine was originally...not by a little either, i believe maybe $2500 (odd, so maybe i just misread). regardless, i went to this dealer with my build sheet just out of curiosity. got the old "it's a rare find...your dealer is just moving metal" riiight...i'm sure that's what they're doing jack wagon. he had mentioned one was a "special order" - nothign special about it, just a standard raptor, no blue accents, no stickers, nothing. i asked "oh, someone ordered that" he said "yea, but they cancelled, so we kept his deposit - negotiated price out the window" - and that's why i made sure to sign a refundable deposit form...just on the off chance i found a decent deal elsewhere without the wait or if something out of my control prevented me from buying.

this same dealer mentioned something about the 15' mustangs and a limited edition coming out. only 2 colors available and something like only 1900 being produced (might be off on the numbers). said ford told them "price them as high as you'd like" - so, someone going to that dealer for that stang is getting bent over soon...

BKA

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I called just about every local dealer and everyone was singing out of the same book, “we don’t sell for less than MSRP”. Then I saw a local dealer listed on FRF that was selling at $500 over factory invoice. I was skeptical right up to the point that all the paperwork was signed. Couldn’t believe my luck! Thanks to the FRF and its members. I’ll never go to any of those other dealerships not even to flaunt the deal I got. They simply aren’t worth my time.

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I know Steve Miller at Van Bortel Ford pretty well and he told me Ford shut him down super early this year in terms of putting in orders. He told me Ford is shutting down the Detroit plant to retool for the 2015 F-150s so if you don't yet have your order in soon I suspect you will not find anyone to take your order. And thus you may be forced to buy something off the lot and prob get rapped.

lunchboxrts

Full Access Member
Reaction score
why don't you just show them that dealership in Kansas that runs their whole business at $50 over invoice and tell him to shut his ******* mouth. lying **** bumps

If your talking about Louisburg Ford the $50 over invoice is only when you order, if its on the lot they are charging over msrp now.

I got both of my Raptors from Woodhouse and they where both under msrp (I buy a lot from them so not sure if that apply to everyone)

OP
OP
sublime1996525

sublime1996525

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I called just about every local dealer and everyone was singing out of the same book, “we don’t sell for less than MSRP”. Then I saw a local dealer listed on FRF that was selling at $500 over factory invoice. I was skeptical right up to the point that all the paperwork was signed. Couldn’t believe my luck! Thanks to the FRF and its members. I’ll never go to any of those other dealerships not even to flaunt the deal I got. They simply aren’t worth my time.

I know they aren't worth the time but I just kind of want to say :flipthebird: to them. And thank you again for helping me out!

SVT Bob18

Full Access Member
Reaction score

First off, that dealer is an idiot. True, there is NO way that dealer can sell a Raptor to you for much less than the $10K market adjustment. He was telling you the truth. But what he left out was the true reason why and here it is. It's because HE'S A GREEDY ******* and does want to sell it that cheap.
As far as going back and showing them what they really cost...waste of time. They already know.