Dealer Prep?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ductedrocket

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you guys let the dealer prep your truck when they got it? What exactly do they do to the truck when they prep it? Should I tell the dealer not to do this when he gets my truck this week?
Thanks

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
They usually make sure it has a full tank, stickers off windows, cleaned up, etc.

Blind1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I always love that Dealer Prep charge. They want to charge you for something that their minimum wage employee has to do for them to sell the vehicle anyway. Really, do they think someone is going to buy a vehicle with the white protective adhesive on the body panels, & plastic on the seats. I think NOT! It's a bogus charge to put more money in their pocket.

TBONE21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would let them prep it. Doesn't hurt plus knowing my luck ford would see it had an issue down the road and deny warranty because it was not dealer preped. Just my thoughts though.

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
There is a certain amount of required prep work. They update Sync, update your engine firmware, inspection, and then wash it. When I took delivery I told them not to wash it, just to remove all plastic, stickers, etc. And to not put their dealership sticker on. They did exactly what I wanted and I was pleased.

LastLight

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All I wanted was to see it prepped like the other SVT vehicles he had on the showroom floor. Not a chance. look liked they rinsed it off with a hose and pushed it out front for me to come pick up. it still had that shipping stuff all over it.

I felt like I was treated as if I was buying a used Pinto off the lot.

JB 2014 Raptor SCrew

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I told Mark I didn't want mine prepped til I was able to take a bunch of pictures of it as delivered and then I would take him out to breakfast/lunch while they prepped it and then did all the paperwork when we got back

Gotbitn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Part of my purchase agreement is that my dealer is only checking for system updates, will be leaving it in "Transportation Mode", I will be removing all the plastic and shipping protection, I will be the one driving it to get its first tank of fuel and I will drive it for the PDI test drive with one of the dealership guys in the passenger seat.
They wont be washing it either, all they have is a "slap N scratch". I will have my 2 buckets with wash supplies so I can wash it at a manual car wash.

SHAI HULUD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ditto on not allowing the dealership wash the truck. I went back to the wash bay to find the "detailer" about to use a dirty old brush and a grime filed bucket on my new paint finish. I told them to not touch my truck with the brush and that they were only allowed to rinse it off, peel stickers, top it off with fuel, and check the fluids. That is really all you need done.

D

Deleted member 12951

Then you take it to the desert and coat it with pinstripes and all that fuss about the paint being perfect goes out the window!

7u5e5e3a.jpg

pu6a5y4e.jpg

y2ujeqa2.jpg