Converting a 2012 into 2014

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

daddycreswell

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I feel it!!! I want to but, I am waiting to see what is coming in the near future. Lots of talk going on right now because of the success of the Raptor. Hoping for something real crazy like a new Bronco style!!! We shall see. :)

If Ford makes a new Bronco, I will sell the Raptor quicker than I bought it to get a new Bronco, that way my 73 will have a grandchild.

Attachments

• 1973 bronco 2.jpg
    1973 bronco 2.jpg
    6.8 KB · Views: 157

FordIVTteam

Full Access Member
Reaction score
99.9% of the time she asks for phone it says "sirus raido channel 51" lol
Hi again!

If you give the command PHONE, when no phone is connected, the SYNC system may not recognize your command. If this happens again, make sure your phone didn’t accidently disconnect. There are some easy Bluetooth troubleshooting tips listed on this support page. Check it out: Troubleshooting Tips for SYNC with MyFord Touch | MyFord Touch | Ford.com

If your phone is connected and you continue to experience voice recognition issues, log into your account at: SYNC Technology | SYNC Support | Ford.com to make sure you’re running the latest software for your system.

Thank you, so far so good. i just wish the stereo sound system was a bit better. The 2012 seemed to have much better sound quality.

If you feel that the sound quality is an actual malfunction of your system, provide some details. For example, if you’re streaming music from your phone and noticing it cutting in and out, this can be fixed through some basic troubleshooting. If you’re not sure if yours is normal, feel free to check with your local Ford dealership to have them verify that everything is running smoothly. It can be difficult for me to tell from this side of the computer screen :smile:.

Kim

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi again!

If you give the command PHONE, when no phone is connected, the SYNC system may not recognize your command. If this happens again, make sure your phone didn’t accidently disconnect. There are some easy Bluetooth troubleshooting tips listed on this support page. Check it out: Troubleshooting Tips for SYNC with MyFord Touch | MyFord Touch | Ford.com

If your phone is connected and you continue to experience voice recognition issues, log into your account at: SYNC Technology | SYNC Support | Ford.com to make sure you’re running the latest software for your system.

If you feel that the sound quality is an actual malfunction of your system, provide some details. For example, if you’re streaming music from your phone and noticing it cutting in and out, this can be fixed through some basic troubleshooting. If you’re not sure if yours is normal, feel free to check with your local Ford dealership to have them verify that everything is running smoothly. It can be difficult for me to tell from this side of the computer screen :smile:.

Kim

Phone is connected and latest software installed. :) ... its a PC i expect problems... :)

FordIVTteam

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Phone is connected and latest software installed. :) ... its a PC i expect problems... :)

Then it sounds like you've already walked through the basic troubleshooting I am able to offer. If it gets out of hand at any point, don't hesitate to have your dealership take a closer look. Let me know if you have questions in the meantime :).

Kim

OP
OP
jlatigo

jlatigo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its not a malfunction, its a sound quality issue due to the change in head units from the 2012 version to the current one. The sound is more muffled and the speakers crack up when the volume is pushed past the midrange. I know that short of spending some serious cash it is what it is, saying that.... the stereo isn't what made me buy my second Raptor. Truth be told when off roading my stereo is turned off so i can hear the symphony of the motor as i feather the throttle into a turn and prepare to floor it and hear her scream close to redline. Tires clawing for traction, suspension soaking up the ruts....... That's what MY Raptor was built for.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Its not a malfunction, its a sound quality issue due to the change in head units from the 2012 version to the current one. The sound is more muffled and the speakers crack up when the volume is pushed past the midrange. I know that short of spending some serious cash it is what it is, saying that.... the stereo isn't what made me buy my second Raptor. Truth be told when off roading my stereo is turned off so i can hear the symphony of the motor as i feather the throttle into a turn and prepare to floor it and hear her scream close to redline. Tires clawing for traction, suspension soaking up the ruts....... That's what MY Raptor was built for.
with a good audio system we can record that sound and play it back........

FordIVTteam

Full Access Member
Reaction score
...Truth be told when off roading my stereo is turned off so i can hear the symphony of the motor as i feather the throttle into a turn and prepare to floor it and hear her scream close to redline. Tires clawing for traction, suspension soaking up the ruts....... That's what MY Raptor was built for.

I do appreciate the feedback. I have always been happy driving around in my little Focus, but I have to admit, your comment makes me want to hop in a Raptor and go ;)!

I'm taking off to start my holiday weekend. Jaclyn will be back on Tuesday to answer any SYNC related questions you folks may have, so don't hesitate to reach out.

Kim