Converting a 2012 into 2014

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jlatigo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After a ton of love, money, parts and fun I got the new Raptor Bug and decided to trade The Beast in for a new Ruby red SE. Right off the 14 has some nice upgrades over the 12 that I am digging. I know some folks don't like the interface of the MFT compared to the previous version but so far its worked fantastic and the expanded voice command controls are sweet! New parts are ordered and I hope to have most of them on before Raptoberfest, and off course photo shoots will follow shortly as the upgrades begin. Only sticking point at this time is deciding what wheels I like and will actually work.

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Converting I thought you where trying to make a 12 into a 14 by adding lights or something lol.

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ya, my gf's 2014 fusion has the MFT. I just got a Iphone and the connection to it seems flawless. Only thing I had trouble with and so does she is the voice commands. They seem to have a mind of their own.
Instead of trading to a 14 I just added the 14 headlights and some 14 wheels...

OP
OP
jlatigo

jlatigo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had already converted the lights as well and had fuels on 37 inch toyos, glassworks fenders, ADD bumper, RPG stage 4+ suspension, and a few led lights. The Ruby red caught my eye and i had to have it.

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had already converted the lights as well and had fuels on 37 inch toyos, glassworks fenders, ADD bumper, RPG stage 4+ suspension, and a few led lights. The Ruby red caught my eye and i had to have it.

I feel it!!! I want to but, I am waiting to see what is coming in the near future. Lots of talk going on right now because of the success of the Raptor. Hoping for something real crazy like a new Bronco style!!! We shall see. :)

FordIVTteam

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After a ton of love, money, parts and fun I got the new Raptor Bug and decided to trade The Beast in for a new Ruby red SE. Right off the 14 has some nice upgrades over the 12 that I am digging. I know some folks don't like the interface of the MFT compared to the previous version but so far its worked fantastic and the expanded voice command controls are sweet! New parts are ordered and I hope to have most of them on before Raptoberfest, and off course photo shoots will follow shortly as the upgrades begin. Only sticking point at this time is deciding what wheels I like and will actually work.
Hey jlatigo,

I’m filling in for Jaclyn as the Ford In-Vehicle Technology representative while she’s out. I’m glad to hear that you’re enjoying your MyFord Touch system. Let me know if you have any questions about it :).

Ya, my gf's 2014 fusion has the MFT. I just got a Iphone and the connection to it seems flawless. Only thing I had trouble with and so does she is the voice commands. They seem to have a mind of their own.
Instead of trading to a 14 I just added the 14 headlights and some 14 wheels...
Hello Hockster,

Are you having trouble with any specific voice commands? If you’re only noticing issues with phonebook voice commands, check out these tips: Manage your phonebook to work with SYNC | MyFord Touch | Ford.com

Kim

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey jlatigo,

I’m filling in for Jaclyn as the Ford In-Vehicle Technology representative while she’s out. I’m glad to hear that you’re enjoying your MyFord Touch system. Let me know if you have any questions about it :).

Hello Hockster,

Are you having trouble with any specific voice commands? If you’re only noticing issues with phonebook voice commands, check out these tips: Manage your phonebook to work with SYNC | MyFord Touch | Ford.com

Kim

99.9% of the time she asks for phone it says "sirus raido channel 51" lol

OP
OP
jlatigo

jlatigo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey jlatigo,

Hello Hockster,

Kim

Thank you, so far so good. i just wish the stereo sound system was a bit better. The 2012 seemed to have much better sound quality.