Colorado Dealer sold order out from under me...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FordService

FRF Addict
Reaction score
...Luckily, the dealer in Florida I bought my current truck from (Greenway Ford in Orlando) had ordered the exact raptor I wanted when i had expressed interest in it a while back. One call to them, sent them the deposit, and it was mine...

I'm glad that you'll still be getting your perfect Raptor, johndjmix; I hope you have a safe trip down to Florida! If you (or any of the other folks on this thread) would like feedback documented about any dealership experience, good or bad, send me a PM with your full name, best daytime phone number, dealer info, and any specifics you'd like me to include. I'll get it entered in our system for the appropriate folks to review.

Crystal

smithe6

Reaction score
Crystal, I hope this guy gives you his information. Though not a whole lot of our business, but I would like to know how Ford handles dealerships gone bad. Especially since this would have no doubt ripped my heart from my chest. As far as I am concerned, once a deposit is made and a vehicle is ordered then that is an agreement made.

c4sxm5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought my dealer was going to pull the same bs but they called and said it was ready for pickup. Some terms had changed for me that ended up costing me more but in the long run I'm still okay with it... Sorry to hear ur issue and I would at the very minimal send a letter out to ford.

mongoose7

Reaction score
Dont buy from Phil Long Ford in Littleton

I also had a poor experience with Phil Long Ford in Littleton. I had been looking all over Colorado for a dealership that wasnt going to charge me 2k-10k over MSRP. I called them up and they told me that they do not mark theirs up and if they didnt have the one I wanted we could easily build it. I went in and they told me they usually do 5k above MSRP but in my case they would give me a deal and do $2500 above. Needless to say I was not too happy and told them to fly a kite.

After hearing what they did to you I am glad I got away with only that. I ended up going to Mike Naughton Ford and ordered one with no problems at all.....so far.

Chad

OP
OP
J

johndjmix

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not yet. But I gbe crystal the info. What would be really nice is if ford have me a discount on the raptor I orderd in Orlando for all the headaches and time wasted on this issue in Colorado.

smithe6

Reaction score
That discount should come out of the pocket of the one that screwed you. Plus travel.