About To Be Delivered! Anything I Need To Know??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

So I've been hanging out in the background for a couple months waiting for some more concrete dates on my truck to surface, and it sounds like it's gonna be delivered on the 5th!! I'm so excited, 4 months later!

But before I drive up to Wyoming to pick it up, I wanted to know if there is anything specific I should request of the dealer as far as prep or anything else goes?

Thanks!

Witchy

FRF Lady
FRF Lady
Reaction score
Check alignments lol, bed, bumpers, doors etc. I've heard of many people having issues with this. Test drive it before you sign anything. Take it through it's paces before you take delivery. Go over it with a fine tooth comb. Good luck and post pics!

FordService

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

So I've been hanging out in the background for a couple months waiting for some more concrete dates on my truck to surface, and it sounds like it's gonna be delivered on the 5th!! I'm so excited, 4 months later!

But before I drive up to Wyoming to pick it up, I wanted to know if there is anything specific I should request of the dealer as far as prep or anything else goes?

Thanks!

Congrats, skifastdrivefaster! Have a safe trip to Wyoming and be sure to take lots of pictures for us. :)

Crystal

raptor1001

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Don't know if it's an option for you, but looking back I really wish I would have wrapped the thing immediately to protect it. Especially the lower part of the driver door because it gets rock chips really fast.
Some other spots that are the first to get worn and I wish I would've protected are the kick panel in the passenger floor board, the nav screen, and the door sills.
Also, I always drove with my hand at 12'oclock on the wheel it started to wear on the little red strip. So I'd try to not always hold it there.
Just trying to pass some info I wish I would've known on the first day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

D

Deleted member 12951

Check your rear bumper. This issue may be resolved by now, but mine was off when I picked up in February. Had dealer fix before I drove off lot.

Listen Up New Owners!! - FORD RAPTOR FORUM - Ford SVT Raptor Forums - Ford Raptor

My rear bumper was off too, dealer fixed it. That was the only major thing I ran across. I had to drive out of state too so really didn't want to be stuck there for another day so didn't look it over with a fine tooth comb. Came out fine.

OP
OP
S
Reaction score
Awesome this is all good stuff to know! Should I let them do a full wash and detail or tell them to rinse it and that's it? I've seen a lot of different opinions on here.

TBONE21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think I am getting mine Thursday. Im glad I saw this thread. I will give her a very hard inspection. Good Post.

ALDABRAMAN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Based on my recent experience, check steering wheel for straightness, front end alignment, rims for roundness and scratches, spray in bed liner for full spray coverage, rear bumper, front hood for fitness!

---------- Post added at 03:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:33 PM ----------

Awesome this is all good stuff to know! Should I let them do a full wash and detail or tell them to rinse it and that's it? I've seen a lot of different opinions on here.

* Wish i new better, they scratched the plastic on the outer door panels and dripped some sort of cleaner on the steering wheel plastic shroud and took the color out of the plastic (still unresolved after six weeks). They replaced the plastic outer door panels, however it took over a week and was a hassle!

* Make sure you drive it at highway speeds, if you do not you may not realize if the tires or rims are correct. I had a bad rim or tire on the left rear, they simply swapped both with another new truck for sale and problem solved!

* Test all four wheel drive options to make sure they engage and operate!

* Honestly, once you pay them and drive off, seemed to me that the dealership has little if any concern after that!

Last edited:

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Change your motor oil at 1,000 miles or sooner. No kidding. You need to get casting flash and break-in particles out of the crankcase.