2014 Raptor Special Edition in Ruby Red - Pics!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Love it. Ordered it. It will look nice sitting next to my Tuxedo Black 2011 Screw. I'm a huge fan of the color and the unique interior. The interior of my 2011 has the Molten Orange accents. I needed something different.

I considered ordering another Tux Black SE, but I didn't think the black wheels will show as well with the black car.

SwampKing

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It's not a King Ranch color, or an XL or STX color for that matter. You won't be able to get it on the Limited trucks either for 2014.

The pics were taken on my iphone so the paint looks more purple-ish than it really is. It looks better in the sun.

I believe u Chris. Kinda reminds me of the ford Blue. I ONLY like it when it's clean and super bright outside. Unfortunately the odds of this color always shinning is slim so I never went for blue. I think metallic colors on Raptors is failure bc our trucks never stay clean. Of course when they are clean, its great though.

Method NV/37's
Boatec front and Rear fenders
Rigid dually's in fogs
Heads retrofitted by me!
FOR NOW!

OP
OP
Chris's FX4

Chris's FX4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I seen a Ford truck yesterday that seemed to be that exact same color?
Could have been Red Candy, Ruby Red, or Royal Red. Royal Red is much darker though and was replaced by Red Candy in 2011 on the F150. Ruby Red replaced Red Candy last year on the F150. Both Red Candy and Ruby Red have tinted clear coats.

Last edited:

justvettn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The truck I saw looked brand new, so you say it would have been Ruby Red with a tinted clearcoat making it different than the Raptor Ruby Red?

OP
OP
Chris's FX4

Chris's FX4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The official name is Ruby Red Metallic with Tinted Clear Coat. The Ruby Red for the Raptor is no different than the Ruby Red on say a FX4 or on a Mustang. Red Candy was the same way, just that it wasn't available for the Raptor. That's why Ruby Red and Red Candy cost an extra $400, because of the tinted clear.

Last edited:

Ms. MI Raptor

FRF Lady
FRF Lady
Reaction score
Huh...I saw a mustang with M plates pass thru MQT this weekend but missed the rap. I was considering selling mine for the special red one but not feeling it anymore.

Thanks for the pics, Chris!