2014 Blue Flame Screw. Need Advice

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
sublime1996525

sublime1996525

Full Access Member
Reaction score
EDIT: My brother owned his own car lot for 20 years and knows people. I have someone I can contact and he can look up what auction prices through Manheim have been for your corvette, regionally and average USA. PM me the entire details of your car and I will see what I can do.

I am kicking myself for waiting 1 week before delivery but I was sure I'd be able to sell the car well before for more than the $35k trade offer I was getting. I did take it to Carmax, granted this was also in June, and they said they'd do $35.5k for it. I'm going to head there this weekend and have them re-eval the car.

PM sent. Thank you.

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why play the military card? Sorry think that is sleezy. That's like the blacks always playing the race card. What he does for a living or did has nothing to do with the financial transaction no matter how sleezy the dealer might be. Don't stoop to their level, be better than that.

Its nothing like your version buddy... What does race have to do with this anyways? Geeze... Play the race card? How long have you walked in teh shoes as a black person? Been called the n word to your face you whole life? Shut up please...

Last edited:

Kenneth

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^
Agreed.

It's sad when people denigrate the those who serve our country and say that they are just doing a job.

BKA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am kicking myself for waiting 1 week before delivery but I was sure I'd be able to sell the car well before for more than the $35k trade offer I was getting. I did take it to Carmax, granted this was also in June, and they said they'd do $35.5k for it. I'm going to head there this weekend and have them re-eval the car.

PM sent. Thank you.

This sucks and I feel bad because I referred you to the dealer. I don't know what to say.....they treated me very well, $500 over invoice on my truck, no games or gimmicks. Have you checked like kbb.com to see what they say current value is for your trade? I'd text our sales guy and let him know they are getting slammed on the Forum if you think it will help but I don't want to make matters worse.

I hope this all works out for you.

(Update) So I checked kbb.com and some local listings, I made some assumptions but a 2006 Z06 in excellent condition should fetch between $38,000 to $40,000 for a dealer trade in. Auto Trader online lists one local 2006 (w/17K + miles) for $44,000. Let me know how this works out for you because this will influence my dealer choice for my next purchase.

Last edited:

RaptorOO7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hopefully you can get this worked out with them, allot of dealers are like this and will low ball you, hoping that you want the new vehicle bad enough to just do the deal.

Another thing as well, not sure if it's the same in your state, but when getting trade in prices from other places such as Carmax, remember to take into consideration that you will get the TAX credit from trading your car in on the truck, which usually amounts to several thousand dollars...

When I first started reading this I knew what was coming. In the Chicago area here it gets to be around this time of year and the dealers will give you the "it's no longer Corvette season" story to try and low ball you even further.

Bottom line is most dealers just don't care, at all, especially with a vehicle like a Raptor. They figure that if you don't take it, there will be others lining up to buy it from them.

Good luck and I hope everything works out for you in the end!

OP
OP
sublime1996525

sublime1996525

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This sucks and I feel bad because I referred you to the dealer. I don't know what to say.....they treated me very well, $500 over invoice on my truck, no games or gimmicks. Have you checked like kbb.com to see what they say current value is for your trade? I'd text our sales guy and let him know they are getting slammed on the Forum if you think it will help but I don't want to make matters worse.

I hope this all works out for you.

(Update) So I checked kbb.com and some local listings, I made some assumptions but a 2006 Z06 in excellent condition should fetch between $38,000 to $40,000 for a dealer trade in. Auto Trader online lists one local 2006 (w/17K + miles) for $44,000. Let me know how this works out for you because this will influence my dealer choice for my next purchase.
I will definitely keep you updated on how everything goes. I have checked KBB and Nada and according to them my Z06 is worth at least high $30k trade, even Carmax offered me $35.5k which I thought was a bit low but I could stomach that. Even at the auctions it seems Z06's are going for mid 30's.

I'm going to contact the dealer today and tell him there is no way I can do $30k for my trade and see what he says. I hope they are willing to work with me because they have seemed like good guys so far.

---------- Post added at 09:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:00 AM ----------

Hopefully you can get this worked out with them, allot of dealers are like this and will low ball you, hoping that you want the new vehicle bad enough to just do the deal.

Another thing as well, not sure if it's the same in your state, but when getting trade in prices from other places such as Carmax, remember to take into consideration that you will get the TAX credit from trading your car in on the truck, which usually amounts to several thousand dollars...

When I first started reading this I knew what was coming. In the Chicago area here it gets to be around this time of year and the dealers will give you the "it's no longer Corvette season" story to try and low ball you even further.

Bottom line is most dealers just don't care, at all, especially with a vehicle like a Raptor. They figure that if you don't take it, there will be others lining up to buy it from them.

Good luck and I hope everything works out for you in the end!
I know the end of Corvette season story all to well, we get it here in Utah as well. I wouldn't think Phoenix would suffer from that though. Who knows, maybe those 60* winters are terrible.... :)

OP
OP
sublime1996525

sublime1996525

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well this isn't sounding very good. Here is the dealers response when I asked about maybe doing something more for the Vette and after telling him I saw what they were going for at auction. I guess we'll see what they say on Monday.
Franklin I will see about a buy bid offer on Monday but don't get your hopes up. I saw the prices at auction. They are definitely in line with our appraised trade value. I was not aware that the sale of your Vette was needed to make this transaction come to fruition. I will do my best.

D

Deleted member 12951

So what do they think, that yours is in below average condition? Personally the majority all dealers are complete ******** when it comes to trades, they want to take advantage of trades whenever possible. Knowing that whenever trading in that you need to grease your ass and numb it up to take their abuse and be prepared makes it hurt less. If it was me, I would n't take less than $33k and shoot that your bottom dollar is $34k. What happened to the CarMax deal?

Manheim Auctions:
dbf5f1eb6c5cbfced505a60d956365d5.jpg

OP
OP
sublime1996525

sublime1996525

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Who knows what they are thinking. With Carmax that offer was in June and I figured that I'd just wait to trade it in because at least I'd still get $35k and save a few grand on taxes. I need to head back to Carmax and see what they offer me now. I'd assume it'd be close to the same.