0-2 so far in finding a dealer to place an order with!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jme

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi all, I just recently started looking into purchasing a Raptor. I found this site maybe a month or two ago and have been reading up as much as possible and quickly realized that if I really do want one (and I do) that I better place the order asap! Initially, I was hoping to take delivery in the June/July timeframe so I figured I had time to spare before I had to place the order. Well, I now know that that isn't the case... I have been in contact with three dealers (2 of whom are on the list of dealers selling near invoice) in the past two days and two of them who were willing to order at invoice both told me that they wouldn't be able to fulfill any additional orders. The 3rd dealer said that they could get me a truck but the offer was somewhere around $3k off of MSRP <----- and this is supposed to be a dealer that I have an "in" with as I know the owner of the dealership and am dealing with his VIP sales person.

If anyone knows of a dealer within a reasonable distance to me (I'm near Boston) that has any allocations left and is dealing at or close to invoice please let me know! I'm feeling a little panicked now as I know exactly what I want and am starting to feel like I might not be able to get it!

Thanks in advance for any help!

prowakeskater

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would secure an order with that dealer for now, and continue to search. its debatable that some people may not even get their orders pulled before they end production, with the dealers that take on many.

in my case, invoice was only 3k below MSRP. So weigh your options and choose wisely

OP
OP
Jme

Jme

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am thinking about it... Invoice on the truck that I want is just over $5300 less than MSRP. I was pushing for invoice and was told, very nicely, that if another dealer would place that order then I should grab it because they won't order one at that price. I was a bit put off because they initially told me they would take $1k off of MSRP... gee thanks! a good friend of mine got his 2013 screw their last summer and got just over $3k off of his. After some discussion last night I was told they would at least match that deal. If I could at least get them down to $1k over invoice I'd feel a lot better about it so we'll see.

D

Deleted member 12951

What truck has a MSRP that is $5300 over invoice? I ordered every possible option on a Raptor. MSRP is $59975, Invoice is $54916 or $5059 over. If I had to do it all over again and could get the Raptor sooner, I would gladly take $3k off MSRP and call it a day.

OP
OP
Jme

Jme

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What truck has a MSRP that is $5300 over invoice? I ordered every possible option on a Raptor. MSRP is $59975, Invoice is $54916 or $5059 over.

according to Edmunds the MSRP of what I want is $55,265 (Screw w/ 801A, Front/Rear camera, spray in bedliner, Pwr Moonroof) w/ an invoice price of $49,892 ($5,373 less).

D

Deleted member 12951

according to Edmunds the MSRP of what I want is $55,265 (Screw w/ 801A, Front/Rear camera, spray in bedliner, Pwr Moonroof) w/ an invoice price of $49,892 ($5,373 less).

Don't forget about ADV Assessment and Fuel charge if you are working from invoice. In my area it was $882 and $125 (on the invoice). And you thought that full tank of gas was free....haha. If you are working from MSRP, they will only come down so much knowing those values. Try truecar.com and they will show you what Edmunds doesn't. If you are getting a SCAB, I believe its around $85 since a 26 gallon tank.

Sent using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

WRAPDUP

Reaction score
If I were you I would jump on the 3k off sticker, that's not a bad deal at all. I think there is a misconception that because a lot of guys on here posting that they're getting their truck near invoice that we start to think that invoice pricing is the norm. Its not. Getting a high demand, limited production vehicle like the Raptor at invoice is certainly an exception, not the rule. Especially now that the end of model production is near, demand is going to go through the roof and production is about to come to a screetching halt. After Ford calls last call, I don't think you'll touch a Raptor for anywhere near invoice. I could certainly be wrong, just my .02

OP
OP
Jme

Jme

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't forget about ADV Assessment and Fuel charge if you are working from invoice. In my area it was $882 and $125 (on the invoice). And you thought that full tank of gas was free....haha. If you are working from MSRP, they will only come down so much knowing those values. Try truecar.com and they will show you what Edmunds doesn't.

Thanks for the info, I did forget about the fuel charge and ADV assessment... truecar.com gave me an invoice price of $50,883 (vs Edmunds $49,892). I did contact one other local dealer that said they have an allocation available. I told them where I would like to be and they're getting back to me by the morning. If they can do the invoice deal I asked for I'll order through them... if they're not close to that I'll most likely give the original dealer a call back and see if we can meet somewhere between invoice and their $3k off. $4k off would get me to order it tomorrow so I'll just cross my fingers and see what happens.

hosseface

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info, I did forget about the fuel charge and ADV assessment... truecar.com gave me an invoice price of $50,883 (vs Edmunds $49,892). I did contact one other local dealer that said they have an allocation available. I told them where I would like to be and they're getting back to me by the morning. If they can do the invoice deal I asked for I'll order through them... if they're not close to that I'll most likely give the original dealer a call back and see if we can meet somewhere between invoice and their $3k off. $4k off would get me to order it tomorrow so I'll just cross my fingers and see what happens.

First off, half the people that say they "bought at invoice" dont even know the difference between invoice and MSRP.

We've seen that proven time and time again. The 3K off MSRP is a pretty solid deal.