Go Back   FORD RAPTOR FORUM - Ford SVT Raptor Forums - Ford Raptor > Ford Raptor Forum Supporting Vendors > KC HiLiTES
Become a Supporting Member         Become a Supporting Vendor

Register to remove these ads.

KC HiLiTES

KC formally introduces the start of our family of LED Lighting Technology Products

This is a discussion on KC formally introduces the start of our family of LED Lighting Technology Products within the KC HiLiTES forums, part of the Ford Raptor Forum Supporting Vendors category!
Definitely let me know when you guys have amber. I need/want one bad. Amber is the only way to go ...

User Tag List

Like Tree47Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-17-2013, 07:59 PM   #11 (permalink)

Administrator

Mentioned: 277 Post(s)
Tagged: 6 Thread(s)

Definitely let me know when you guys have amber. I need/want one bad. Amber is the only way to go in heavy snowfall. Regular LEDs only cause glare and effectively blind you. The amber at least creates some visible contrast on the road ahead. Super usable IMO while staring down the barrel of another New England winter.
MTUH3 and TheWolf like this.

Help Support FRF - Become A FRF Supporting Member!

Get Your FRF Decals

Play slow pitch softball? Check out Softball Forum!
BIRDMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 08:08 PM   #12 (permalink)
Full Access Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

KC, You guys are a little late to the party as far as some of the LED light bars. As the folks like Rigid are finding out or will find out, the Chinese are bringing very similar products to the table at 1/4 of the cost. The reliability and higher quality arguments have a tough time holding water at this kind of pricing disparity when guys have to make choices on their mods.

Are you guys going to bring your products to market at a more reasonable price point than your competitors and adjust as the market changes?

Last edited by 2manytrucks; 11-17-2013 at 08:16 PM.
2manytrucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 09:25 PM   #13 (permalink)

Supporting Vendor

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)

(Thread Starter)
Originally Posted by 2manytrucks View Post
KC, You guys are a little late to the party as far as some of the LED light bars. As the folks like Rigid are finding out or will find out, the Chinese are bringing very similar products to the table at 1/4 of the cost. The reliability and higher quality arguments have a tough time holding water at this kind of pricing disparity when guys have to make choices on their mods.

Are you guys going to bring your products to market at a more reasonable price point than your competitors and adjust as the market changes?

As far as being late, KC has been dabbling with LED for 2 years now ultimately getting our ducks in a row. With 43 years of customer base, and the best dedicated fans, it has already shown over whelming promise for us in this sector of the lighting market. These are just the basics and the real innovation / future of LED is coming. Your going to see great products in 2014 like the new Gravity and Flex Series we just announced at SEMA. For instance everyone always ask about "Lumens" when talking about LED. Well we're using Cree XML2-T6 with about 2600 lumens, however at KC we've started testing based on LUX. Using reflector optics, we are able to now control the beam shape and brightness at various points of the beam. We're able to shape a beam that's so pencil that even if we were to have less "lumens" to a comparable sized light, we could be potentially brighter because we can better direct the available LED light now. Compared to industry competitors we are coming in at about 2 times the LUX @ 50FT distance with less watts. The key with the Gravity Core is that we combine LED, with reflector optic beam shaping capabilities, so we can provide customers with superior beam shape and light output!

Your right the price points of "get what you pay for products" are quite enticing, and make it easy to pull the trigger on ebay etc. At the end I can assure you that your only going to be let down by the performance and quality in the long run, wishing you had gone with KC, Rigid, etc. We at KC have been in business for 43 years producing quality products that we stand behind 100%. KC has well out lived the legit, no questions asked, 23 year warranty we offer. If you are the original purchaser and have an issue with one of our products, we are going to repair or replace it for free. It's awesome that many companies selling "get what you pay for products" have been in business for 6 months to a year, offering amazing life time warranties. I'm sure that is comforting extra when consider a purchase, but see if they actually stand behind it. I guess I should say, see if you can even get a hold of them WHEN you have an issue, it will happen.

We will offer a Good / Better / Best approach to this in general which should suit the needs for you to outfit a vehicle with GOOD quality product. KC has a brand new website being launched real soon, and you will be impressed with the information available to determine what is best for you and your needs. When considering what to buy, price is always factor in our minds. KC will give you the confidence to know your hard earned dollars spent were invested into quality products and a company that will be there for you tomorrow, next year, and hell another 43 years.

KC HiLiTES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 09:31 PM   #14 (permalink)

Super Moderator

Mentioned: 126 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)

I can't wait for the FLEX to come out.
I'll be the first in line.
KC HiLiTES likes this.
IRONMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 09:42 PM   #15 (permalink)

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Originally Posted by 2manytrucks View Post

Nice post in the vendor's own forum in the thread they started about their new product line. Now that you've taken a dump in their thread maybe you could apologize and delete your post.

Seriously, attacking a vendor's new product introduction by spouting your views on global economics, Chinese product "quality" and pricing and comparing them to the vendor's products in their thread may just have won you douchebag of the month

You and all the other "I'd rather spend less money and buy Chinese brands" believers are contributing to the losses of American jobs and American companies. Every time we buy Chinese brands and products not made in the USA we ship a percentage of jobs overseas. You cannot buy Chinese brands and blame American companies for not having prices as low as the Chinese - BUYERS of these products are the ones doing the damage not the Chinese companies.

And yes, I do know American companies are having components and/or products made in China. But they are American companies and at least their profits come back here.

Chinese brand supporters must take responsibility for the damage their purchases make (every dollar matters). Whatever happened to BUY AMERICAN?!
Hoffer and Ruger like this.

Last edited by MagicMtnDan; 11-17-2013 at 09:47 PM.
MagicMtnDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 09:59 PM   #16 (permalink)

FRF Addict

Mentioned: 567 Post(s)
Tagged: 13 Thread(s)

I thought it was a good question. And it allowed for an awesome reply post.

I agree with Roger, looking forward to the Flex.

Originally Posted by SwampKing View Post
I WANT AMBER!! Why is rigid the only one with Amber?! Besides BS covers that glow thru yellow and loosing lumens.
Rigid is not the only vendor offering Amber LEDs.

Yukon Joe
www.RUNRAPTORRUN.com

2012 SCREW | NIGHT RAPTOR Revolution Wrap | RPG Stage 4+, Black Tie-rods, Prerunner 1.0 UCA, Steering Res | AMB LED Light Kit | Raptor Retrofit HIDs w/ Amber Ring | Hefty Fabworks Skid Plates | ADD ABS Guard | Recon 10500lb Winch w/ Factor55 | Whelen LEDs | WSI FE Mount | Extang Solidfold | Weathertech Liners | PDP Flaps | TYT9000VHF Radio |
I love Raptorwifey
Yukon Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 10:22 PM   #17 (permalink)
Full Access Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Pricing looks great on these.
Hoffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 09:29 PM   #18 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Lightbulb
Originally Posted by Yukon Joe View Post
...I thought it was a good question. And it allowed for an awesome reply post...
Agreed.

-Magnaflow Catback #15588
-KC Hi Lites #341 C3 LED & #352 Cyclone
COBRA90GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 09:45 PM   #19 (permalink)

FRF Addict

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)

Please tell about the Flex series. You've got my attention.
Ditto what Bird said about ambers.
Ruger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 12:00 PM   #20 (permalink)

FRF Addict

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Originally Posted by Yukon Joe View Post
I thought it was a good question. And it allowed for an awesome reply post.

I agree with Roger, looking forward to the Flex.

Rigid is not the only vendor offering Amber LEDs.

Yukon Joe
www.RUNRAPTORRUN.com
Who offers amber besides VisionX ($$$) and Rigid?

Method NV's (powder coated bolts) on Toyo 37's
Boatec Front AND rear Fenders! :)
Mid perch
Rigid Fogs
FOR NOW! HeHe!
SwampKing is offline   Reply With Quote