Please Welcome The G & P Racing team to FRF

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
We have created a new forum area here within the Offroad Expeditions Forums area for G & P Racing.

G & P Racing is a Raptor race team comprised of FRF members Keith (wiz1500) and Grant (KX250R).

These guys will be showing off their build threads and race preparations all the way until race day at which point we will get the full race reports for our viewing pleasure.

Stay tuned for more information and updates, in the meantime please welcome G & P Racing to FRF!

G & P Racing

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Announcing a new build…for the NORRA Mexican 1000
Team GnP Racing with the support of GTP Gruppo LTD and our sponsors Outlaw Raptor and ICON Vehicle Dynamics are proud to announce the creation of a very special 2011 Ford F150 Raptor 6.2L to run in the ETHD class at the upcoming NORRA Mexican 1000 April 27-May 1, 2013. This is a special rally event open to vintage racers, rally cars and modern off road vehicles. It’s a perfect venue to let a well prepared Raptor strut its stuff. This is an event founded in the roots of off-road motorsports---camaraderie, hot rodding and fun!
We will bring you details of our group, our ideas and all the details of the build and race. Enjoy! We have some very special things in store for this truck, while still keeping it useable for a run to the store, or a weekend out with friends, on or off-road. It’s just what Raptors are all about.
ICON is cooking up some special shocks and Outlaw is creating some real art to mount them too! This of course all compliments some sweet work that the Outlaw crew has already put into to this rig over the last couple of years.
TRUCK ARRIVES AT OUTLAW …with a new wrap….long drive from Detroit where it was stashed after the SnoBall 500.
IMG_6060_zpsfad9d53e.jpg

---------- Post added at 01:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:18 PM ----------

How this all started…
Before we get into the details of the NORRA setup I should catch everyone that does not know us up on how this all got started, and a little history on all the team members.
I am Grant ( KX250R) and back in 2011 I ordered a new Raptor, and like a lot of us, had lots of time to search the web for info and mod ideas while I waited for the truck to arrive. It finally arrived and over a few months got some good mods installed.

Patty, my new bride ( that’s the P in GnP racing) and I started doing some Outlaw runs, enjoying the events and meeting new people with likeminded thinking when it comes to off-road adventures. This is where we meet up with Keith ( Wiz ) for the first time. Here is a shot of the two of us hanging outside of Slash X after an Outlaw Raptor run.
901576_352104684893380_557700904_o.jpg

We both had a motorcycle racing background, Keith on drag bikes and I was a Motocross, flattrack, desert guy. The wheels were starting to turn.

Co-Driver Patty loves to fly!
IMG_20120629_174718_zps604cc24b.jpg

RLTW

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Are the wheels on that outlaw wrapped truck the same as the methods race wheels you have on your truck Grant (KX250R)?

KX250R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, that's my black truck hiding under there...the wheels in that photo are our street wheels, standard methods powdercoated green.
Our race wheels are most likely what you saw before and are Method Beadlocks.

5694-img-5417.jpg

4671-new-wheels-sweet.jpg