RIP Quick Sealant

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AdamsPolishes

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Quick Sealant is being discontinued because it won't pass the new VOC laws for 2016. The propellant of the aerosol is mainly the reason for the VOCs.

We all know the aerosol made it easy to apply to wheels, but similar results protecting against mud, dirt, brake dust, and road chemicals can be had with the use of H2O Guard & Gloss and/or Liquid Paint Sealant.

For more complex wheels that would make the Liquid Paint Sealant more challenging to apply, H2O Guard & Gloss would be the better option. Since this product is thicker and a bit gloopy when sprayed, the "dry-method" of application would work best. For this method, the product is sprayed onto a damp microfiber towel, then spread onto the surface, and then a dry microfiber towel is used to buff out any residue. Watch the video on the product page for a demo of the application methods.

Liquid Paint Sealant will last longer, but should only be used on painted or clear-coated wheels. For wheels with a matte finish, use the H2O Guard & Gloss.

For protecting plastic trim, vinyl, and running boards, H2O Guard & Gloss is the product to use. Since the protection from H2O Guard & Gloss does not last as long as Quick Sealant did, it would need to be applied more often (1-2 months for typical conditions). For matte vinyl, some additional wiping with the wet towel and buffing with the dry towel may be needed to get even results.

There are some Adam's dealers that currently have stock of Quick Sealant, so if you want to get some, act fast.

Unfortunately, the quantities required in a production run of Quick Sealant does not permit running another batch and selling it all before 2016 (the last production run lasted almost 2.5 years).

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks
Dan

hscraz

Reaction score
This stuff sounds great but is it safe for the graphics too? Sounds like it would be. Also how about on my boat? Is this safe for vinyl seats and also the hull gelcoat? Thanks

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

OP
OP
AdamsPolishes

AdamsPolishes

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
This stuff sounds great but is it safe for the graphics too? Sounds like it would be. Also how about on my boat? Is this safe for vinyl seats and also the hull gelcoat? Thanks

Great questions!

H2O Guard & Gloss is safe for vinyl graphics. Gloss vinyl is super easy, on matte vinyl you may find you will have to go over it with the wet towel a time or two and buff with the dry towel to get even results.

A little goes a long way, many people use too much the first time and find they end up with streaks that they have to go back over to even out. About 2-3 sprays per panel is enough, then cut back to 1-2 sprays as your wet towel gets loaded with product.

For a truck with matte vinyl, I would do the matte vinyl after applying and wiping all the paint, trim and glass; then apply to the matte vinyl with just the wet towel that has lots of product in it, and not spray directly onto the vinyl. Since the wet towel will have plenty of product on it from doing the other areas, there will be more than enough to just wet wipe the vinyl. As always, do the bumpers and running boards last.

This product works great on boat gel coats (and glass and chrome and trim). For the vinyl seats in the boat, use Super VRT. It will soak into the seats more, and provides SPF 35 protection for long days in the sun.

-Dan

hscraz

Reaction score
Thanks for the detailed answer dan. This stuff sounds like it'll work great for the truck and boat. I already use the vrt on my truck graphics and it works great so I'll just get some of this for the exterior of everything.

OP
OP
AdamsPolishes

AdamsPolishes

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks for the detailed answer dan. This stuff sounds like it'll work great for the truck and boat. I already use the vrt on my truck graphics and it works great so I'll just get some of this for the exterior of everything.

You bet!

And welcome to the forum! I just noticed these were your first posts.

-Dan

hscraz

Reaction score
Long time lurker here and that was the perfect time to join and ask a question. I didn't know anything about Adams until I saw it on frf. Just another in a long line of good info I've gotten on here.

OP
OP
AdamsPolishes

AdamsPolishes

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Long time lurker here and that was the perfect time to join and ask a question. I didn't know anything about Adams until I saw it on frf. Just another in a long line of good info I've gotten on here.

Glad you joined up!

Introduce yourself in the new Member Check-In, and post some pics of your Raptor and your boat. I just hit my head on the monitor trying to see what's in your profile pic, looks like a white Raptor and a wakeboard boat.

-Dan