New car, what do you recommend?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sliver Raptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Heard a ton of good things about you guys and your products. Let me start off by saying my raptor is one dirty girl and rarely sees a bath since it sits outside all its life and I am okay with that.

Well I just got a C6 Z06 vet and really want to do everything possible to keep it looking beautiful inside and out. In the process of cleaning out my garage so the vet will have a nice place to sleep. What products of yours would you recommend for a victory red Vet?

Thanks

Anderson

OrangeAddict

FRF Addict
Reaction score
First thing I would do is prep the paint by a good Adams clay bar, machine polish, and Americana wax. Then I would have the front clip covered with Xpel ultimate wrap to protect from all or the road chips.

Have fun with your new toy.

MotuMute

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hilarious! Noah, is it ever too late for a good ol' fashioned intervention? Some of us may be too far gone lol.

:win:

New thread?
:busastyle:
FRFPostWhoresUnAnonymous!!!

OP
OP
Sliver Raptor

Sliver Raptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
First thing I would do is prep the paint by a good Adams clay bar, machine polish, and Americana wax. Then I would have the front clip covered with Xpel ultimate wrap to protect from all or the road chips.

Have fun with your new toy.

Thanks bud, not really a huge detailing guy so when it comes to the "art" of it I would like to see what you guys do/ use.

Thanks a lot of the input I will be looking at everything you mentioned.

And Busa… come on bro, you are better than that. :win:

AdamsPolishes

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Hey Anderson, thanks for the question and congrats on the new ride!!

At a bare minimum, you will need to clay bar and protect it with either a sealant/glaze/wax, or a combo of those.

From there, you have a lot of options:

• Are there swirls/scratches/defects in the paint that you want to be gone? Then it's time to polish.
  • Does the interior need some love? Then it's time to clean/condition.
  • Have the wheels been neglected? Then it's time for some cleaning/sealing.

Getting set up with a proper 2-bucket wash system is the key to maintaining the paint on your Z, or any vehicle for that matter. 95% of swirls and scratches are caused by improper washing technique, so that it THE most important process if you want to keep the paint looking nice.

Take a stroll through our videos that outline all of the process in more detail when you have some time.

Instructional Detailing Videos

Once you get a chance to do that, let me know your thoughts and I'd be more than happy to get you dialed in with some goods that suit your needs/wants.

:cheers: