Best product for decals?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blockdoc

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You all may have addressed this on the forum already, but if so I can't find it with tapatalk & my phone right now.

I am putting on a couple coats of Adams Machine Sealant now, before winter weather is here, and I wanted to see what you all would recommend on the decal hood graphic.

I could masking tape over the edge and use machine sealant across the whole hood - including the decal; quick sealant on the decal; VRT; something else? What Adams product would you all recommend for that?

Also, would you recommend waxing over the machine sealant coats for more protection, or would that just be for more depth?

Last edited:

NickPic83

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Some use VRT but I also found the quick sealant to work nicely also.
I absolutely wound never use a machine on the graphics

After machine sealant I would glaze then wax. That will give it great protection along with a deep, wet, look

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

AdamsPolishes

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Super VRT is the ticket for an matte vinyl. It provides a nice amount of protection and leaves a nice, satin finish.

As Nick mentioned, some like to use Quick Sealant as well on vinyl. The results are typically very similar, looks-wise to SVRT. Some people have reported some strange spotting/splotching with QS, so your results may vary.

Avoid using a machine on them at all costs. Vinyl is VERY soft and a machine can cause immediate damage to them.

OP
OP
blockdoc

blockdoc

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks!

Would you also agree with glaze and wax over the sealant? I'll apply the 3rd coat of machine sealant tonight (letting 24 hours of cure time between coats). It's already looking pretty amazing.

AdamsPolishes

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks!

Would you also agree with glaze and wax over the sealant? I'll apply the 3rd coat of machine sealant tonight (letting 24 hours of cure time between coats). It's already looking pretty amazing.

On the rest of your paint? Yes. Over the graphics? No. The Glaze+Americana will blow you away when layered over MSS.

You're probably at the point of diminishing returns with that much MSS already laid down. 2 coats is usually the sweet spot for an over-the-top level or protection.