Adam's New Weekly Video Series | ASK THE SHINE DOC

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RAPTORSV

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I spray the tire shine and smooth out lightly with the cheap yellow microfiber from Costco, and throw them away when they get dirty. I don't wash and let them contaminate mine good microfiber towels. My tires end up looking like they were sprayed with lacquer. Overkill I know but that shines lessens in a few days and look great.

OP
OP
AdamsPolishes

AdamsPolishes

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Week 4 of Ask The Shine Doc answers one of the questions that has been submitted most since we started this series - "How do I apply conditioner to leather seats without clogging up the perforations?" The process is actually quite simple and only requires a small adjustment to your technique... to learn more watch the full episode:

OP
OP
AdamsPolishes

AdamsPolishes

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Week 5 of Ask The Shine Doc actually answers a question that resulted from last weeks video. We covered how to care for perforated leather, but there were a ton of questions related to cleaning/care of suede or faux suede interior accents. This week we cover the basics of suede care, including daily maintenance and discuss light cleaning techniques. Enjoy!

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I don't have email right now but floor matts someone had a wright up on how they did it, I just use svrt delution, is there a better way?

TheWolf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OP
OP
AdamsPolishes

AdamsPolishes

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I don't have email right now but floor matts someone had a wright up on how they did it, I just use svrt delution, is there a better way?

I added weathertech mats to mine right after I bought it. With each wash I pull them out, use a strong stream of water to knock loose any heavy stuff. Then brush with a stiff brush (our fender brush works well) and our All Purpose Cleaner.

Once clean I rinse well, shake off the excess water, and place in the sun to dry. Once they're mostly dry I take a towel and our Total Interior Detailer and wipe them down before putting them back in the truck.

I like the TID b/c it leaves them looking dressed without them being slippery. SVRT can be used, but does make them slick which is a little dangerous for driving.

OP
OP
AdamsPolishes

AdamsPolishes

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
In week 6 of "Ask the Shine Doc" we cover a category that can be confusing to a lot of people and thats the choice of protection at the end of the detail. Your choice of last step product or LSP will typically be between sealant or wax, but which do you choose and why?

NEED MORE INFO ON LAST STEP PRODUCTS? Check out this article.
FAQ: "Should I use wax or sealant on my car?" - The Adam's Detailing Library - Adams Forums

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'd still like to have a hands on with a pro but I'm getting better. PS for the beginners it gets easier every time, why dust and mud don't stick as bad with the right product, Adams polishes. Doing any paint correction is still way over my head. And the power tools give me nightmares. Hands on would be cool or a trial run on my daily with out having to put all the cash out on the power tools.