Adam's DAILY SPECIAL - A new deal each weekday!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
AdamsPolishes

AdamsPolishes

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
How do I wash the towels & applicator in this kit?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Wash Pad would be hand washed with clean water. Inspect it while washing to make sure no dirt or other junk is hiding out in the pad.

The Black Microfiber Applicator Pads would also be hand washed in hot water, but you also need to use either All Purpose Cleaner or Microfiber Revitalizer & Brightener to break down any wax or sealant in the applicator. Make sure you rinse them really good.

The Great White Drying Towel and the Double Soft Towel can be machine washed; hot water with 2oz of the Microfiber Revitalizer & Brightener, and the extra rinse setting. Dry on low heat in the dryer.

Always wash microfiber towels by themselves, do not mix with cotton towels or any other clothing, as they can get cotton fibers in them which cause scratches. Do NOT use fabric softener or dryer sheets.

Some people make the mistake of thinking that a mild detergent like Woolite should be used for these expensive towels, but the sealants and waxes on the towels require a fairly strong detergent to get them clean. Also, many regular laundry soaps have additives (scents, dyes, softeners) which end up as residue on the towel and can cause issues the next time you use them.

-Dan

AbnMP13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Great White Drying Towel and the Double Soft Towel can be machine washed; hot water with 2oz of the Microfiber Revitalizer & Brightener, and the extra rinse setting. Dry on low heat in the dryer.

Always wash microfiber towels by themselves, do not mix with cotton towels or any other clothing, as they can get cotton fibers in them which cause scratches. Do NOT use fabric softener or dryer sheets.

Dan

So don't wash the great white and double soft together correct?

OP
OP
AdamsPolishes

AdamsPolishes

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
So don't wash the great white and double soft together correct?

You can wash them together. If either towel ends up dirty from use, you can spray some Microfiber Revitalizer & Brightener on any soiled areas and then pre-rinse them by hand in the sink before machine washing.

-Dan

Mariner

FRF Addict
Reaction score
HGG is a water activated spray wax/sealant thing? Hahah I don't know the specs exactly, but it's an amazing product. The detail spray is used to like wipe off fingerprints or grease marks once your truck is dry and shiny. Also an amazing product, not to mention smells delicious

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

OP
OP
AdamsPolishes

AdamsPolishes

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
What's the difference between the HGG and detail spray?

Sorry for the delayed response, I was out in the cold washing the truck.

Yes, the H2O Guard & Gloss is a water-activated sealant that provides good protection and also adds a lot of gloss.

Detail Spray is a product that contains a little bit of wax for adding shine, and is used as a drying aid to add some lubricity so your towel glides easy, and it will add some shine. It does not really add much protection, as the wax content is low. The Detail Spray is also used when claying the paint.

Both products can be used over a traditional sealant, like Liquid Paint Sealant, or a wax. HGG can also be used as a standalone sealant, it would just need to be applied more often.

The big advantage to the HGG is it provides protection to all the surfaces; paint, glass, plastic and rubber trim, running boards.

-Dan