Adam's DAILY SPECIAL - A new deal each weekday!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
AdamsPolishes

AdamsPolishes

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
did a walk around the house this morning when it got light out found the glass towel. puppy seems fine so he must not have ate enough of it. I now have a tire mitt washing it a second time to see if I can get all the wood chips and other out. has anyone ever turned in a damaged package from the owners, fault or should I just forget it? I'm getting or making a drop box for future items.

Some replacement products are ordered, and should ship out today! :biggrin:

-Dan

RAPTORSV

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Some replacement products are ordered, and should ship out today! :biggrin:

-Dan

Dan,

I have been out of the loop for awhile and have a couple of questions.

First, I gave away some of my gallons of unopened products as Christmas gifts and was wondering if your going to have a New Years sale of any kind?

Second I see you have a new ceramic coating. If that is applied is it true you can never seal or wax your car again, and doing so is just a waste of time? How long does the coating last? It looks like might be something difficult enough to have done professionally, but I I've heard can cost thousands of $$?

Thanks again.

OP
OP
AdamsPolishes

AdamsPolishes

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Dan,

I have been out of the loop for awhile and have a couple of questions.

First, I gave away some of my gallons of unopened products as Christmas gifts and was wondering if your going to have a New Years sale of any kind?

Second I see you have a new ceramic coating. If that is applied is it true you can never seal or wax your car again, and doing so is just a waste of time? How long does the coating last? It looks like might be something difficult enough to have done professionally, but I I've heard can cost thousands of $$?

Thanks again.

Stay tuned for a great New Year's Sale! It will be a good time to replenish your gallon refills.

Adam's now has three different ceramic coatings. The Paint Coating is rated at a 7H hardness, which means it can be machined polished off if you have an issue with the application. The use is fairly easy, just watch the video, read the instructions twice, and remember that prep is the key to a long lasting layer of protection.

The Wheel Coating is more durable at a 9H hardness, to withstand the higher temps and harsh conditions on the wheels. I just applied this coating to some wheels yesterday, and it was not hard, just follow the instructions, prep them really well, and work fast when applying the coating. A harder coating like this one would need to be wet sanded to remove.

The Trim Coating is a little different than the other two products, since it is designed to restore faded trim, while also providing a long-lasting layer of protection. With this one, getting the trim super-clean is key, as any dirt, oxidation, or leftover dressing residue will make the coating application look uneven, and will not last as long. When prepping the trim, I would recommend cleaning the trim with Tire & Rubber Cleaner while you are washing the truck, so that you can rinse well, and scrub dirtier areas a couple times.

This coating can be waxed or sealed over, but it is not necessary and kind of defeats the purpose of the extra effort required for applying a coating. The point of the coating is to make washing easier, and provide extra protection for a longer time, like 1-2 years instead of the 2-6 months of waxes and sealants. Some people will say that they like waxing regularly, and decide a coating is not for them, since they enjoy the process. But with this coating, there is Ceramic Boost that is used to provide a boost to the coating, so this can be used regularly as a spray-and-wipe protection product. That way, you get additional protection, and get to spend some time wiping down the truck to get your therapy.

As far as level of difficulty, I would say that an experienced detailer would have no problem apply these coatings. Just read and follow the instructions and make sure the prep work is really thorough. Work indoors, plan for the cure time, don't get rushed, and you should have no problem.

-Dan

RAPTORSV

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It's time for the NEW YEAR'S SALE!

Just bills paid off all the bills from Christmas. This is a tough part of the year! Uncle Sam wants his payment in January. :smile: With everyone dropping like flies, shows how fast this life goes. I will go shopping on Adams this weekend.

This has absolutely nothing to do with anything on here, but I saw this story today and it just made me feel good and how some bad things in life can turn out really well. If you love animals you will relate..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wr_tZYiCjRE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d4MkHYIBh48