Retrofitted LED Tail Lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah...this is going to be good...no pressure...

The hyper flash is going to be a pain to deal with...some will get it see won't...I foresee quite a bit of after sale hand holding...IMO...

I wonder if to much of a resistor will cause hyper flash as well?

OP
OP
R

RSiWORKS

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Yeah...this is going to be good...no pressure...

The hyper flash is going to be a pain to deal with...some will get it see won't...I foresee quite a bit of after sale hand holding...IMO...

I wonder if to much of a resistor will cause hyper flash as well?

This is what I'm seeing in some cases. Not enough resistance causes it and to much also does.
Lots of testing in the future for sure. Crazy thing is not all vehicles are the same, one 2012 model will work fine and the next one decides to be stubborn.
So we'll see where this leads.

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I volunteer as your guinea pig...

What if the LED Bulb housed the Resistor? Would that take some of the unknown off the table?

IRONMAN

Reaction score
I volunteer as your guinea pig...

What if the LED Bulb housed the Resistor? Would that take some of the unknown off the table?

Hmmm not sure.
I've got some ideas but will definitely need to talk to an electrical engineer on this.
Anyone? lol

IRONMAN

Reaction score
Disclaimer: I have no affiliation with RSiW or TRS, nor do I anticipate any of these being an actual product in the future. If anything, these are merely concept drawings that represent nothing more than the dreamy dirty thoughts in this designer's head.

rrt4_zps6b07535d.png
rrt3_zpsf9363674.png
rrt2_zps1823354a.png
rrt1_zps5803791c.png

Very nice. The last one is almost the idea I've got. All 3 lines are the same length.
I wanted to do 4 but each one of those LED strips are very expensive so I'll keep it at 3 for now top and bottom.
Then I have some running horizontal along the sides.

BMart

FRF Resident Artist
Reaction score
Very nice. The last one is almost the idea I've got. All 3 lines are the same length.
I wanted to do 4 but each one of those LED strips are very expensive so I'll keep it at 3 for now top and bottom.
Then I have some running horizontal along the sides.

I hear ya. I was just thinking that chopping a few in half would draw more visual weight to one side, accenting the fenders, and keep costs down (slightly).

Can't do the side marker strips at the moment, but they all look good IMO.

rrt5_zpsac32b709.png