Retrofitted LED Tail Lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RSiWORKS

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
So I finally started some R&D on LED Sequential tail lights. One thing that I'm sure will be the MAJOR hurtle is preventing Hyper Flash.
I will also try and offer plain LED turn signals as well.
So I tried to open these the same way as headlights and found out they were fused together.
So I tried using a Hot knife and that was making more of a mess then I wanted but I finally got them open.
Been working on getting some high end LED's for these with a jaw drop price tag.
DAMN things are just not cheap any more.
Well these will be a 2 section 3 strip sequential with side LED markers built in.
Gonna make these tinted as well but will also offer regular lenses as an option.

Thoughts?
Suggestions?
Concerns?
Let's here it.

IMG_2457_zpsb911a1d0.jpg

IMG_2458_zpseedce9dc.jpg

Maxx2893

Rock and Roll Offroad
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can't wait to see. I have been waiting for a reputable company to make some. Let me know on cost and what have you. PM me if necessary. Something that is definitely needed, include the brightest reverse light you can!

---------- Post added at 03:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:56 PM ----------

Wait, just came here from a RR thread. Is this a Collabo between RSi and RR???

BlueSVT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I too have tried to open tail lights in the past... ***** not easy!

Curious to see what you have in mind! Correct me if I'm thinking of something else, but isn't the Raptor tail light already tinted?

Maxx2893

Rock and Roll Offroad
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's not tinted, but it has a black bezel as opposed to chrome on other F-150 models, giving it a semi tinted look.

OP
OP
R

RSiWORKS

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Can't wait to see. I have been waiting for a reputable company to make some. Let me know on cost and what have you. PM me if necessary. Something that is definitely needed, include the brightest reverse light you can!

---------- Post added at 03:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:56 PM ----------

Wait, just came here from a RR thread. Is this a Collabo between RSi and RR???

I've been doing a cost estimate in trying to keep these as keep as possible but these LEDs are super expensive.
Put it this way, they're cheaper then Retrofitted headlights. :eek:

I too have tried to open tail lights in the past... ***** not easy!

Curious to see what you have in mind! Correct me if I'm thinking of something else, but isn't the Raptor tail light already tinted?

Oh I found that out the hard way, sliced open my thumb yesterday getting them open and I couldn't stop all the blood from coming out quick enough.
Let's just say my garage floor is now RED.

No the Raptor tails are not tinted. They have a Black bezel instead of chrome like on the other F-150's.

---------- Post added at 05:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:07 PM ----------

It's not tinted, but it has a black bezel as opposed to chrome on other F-150 models, giving it a semi tinted look.

Damn your quick.lol

ramx50

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I finally started some R&D on LED Sequential tail lights. One thing that I'm sure will be the MAJOR hurtle is preventing Hyper Flash.
I will also try and offer plain LED turn signals as well.
So I tried to open these the same way as headlights and found out they were fused together.
So I tried using a Hot knife and that was making more of a mess then I wanted but I finally got them open.
Been working on getting some high end LED's for these with a jaw drop price tag.
DAMN things are just not cheap any more.
Well these will be a 2 section 3 strip sequential with side LED markers built in.
Gonna make these tinted as well but will also offer regular lenses as an option.

Thoughts?
Suggestions?
Concerns?
Let's here it.

#1 Tinted, high end LED, bright back up LED....This is a great idea!!!

#2 maybe an exchange program to help keep the cost down

#3 I want them on my Raptor now and can't have them!!!

Toms

Reaction score
In my Subaru they were "fused" together the same way so I baked them at 300 for 15 min and they came apart with ease.

OP
OP
R

RSiWORKS

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
In my Subaru they were "fused" together the same way so I baked them at 300 for 15 min and they came apart with ease.

Seriously????
I had it in the oven for 13 minutes @ 260 and the ends or front lens got VERY flexible. I couldn't even pry on it with out deforming the lens.

BMart

FRF Resident Artist
Reaction score
I'm so pumped for this. Finally a quality tail light coming to market.

---------- Post added at 03:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:19 PM ----------

I hope you don't mind, I'm gonna make some mocks...

Screenshot2013-06-14at32357PM_zps8be6e241.png