Hood Vinyl Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BobboZR2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How much would a plain matte black vinyl hood decal (the one that follows the lines of the hood vents all the way down to the top of the plastic grille) cost? Thanks!

LastLight

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Subscribed,
I am wanting to get some factory color matching vinyl to cover my roof as well. Edge to edge, back to front, and around the sunroof. Unsure if it is something that can be done myself or if I will need to get an installer to do it.

BAJASVT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
EDIT: I didn't realize I was posting in the vendor forum and shouldn't have quoted competitive pricing; I thought this was just the exterior mod forum.

I know a lot of members here have purchased graphics from Designs-N-Signs and are very happy with them.

Last edited:

LastLight

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just got a quote from a local shop to do my roof in Matte black vinyl and they wanted $600 - 650. I guess I will be doing it myself once I find a matching vinyl.

Designs N Signs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have all the hoods pre cut to size and ready to ship for 240.00 an Installer should not charge from then 50 to 60 to install. The roof is one solid piece I don't understand why they are charging so much for that but I can say otherwise

LastLight

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have all the hoods pre cut to size and ready to ship for 240.00 an Installer should not charge from then 50 to 60 to install. The roof is one solid piece I don't understand why they are charging so much for that but I can say otherwise

This shop wanted to do it in 2 pieces and have a seam that ran cross ways on the roof not front to back.

he really did not like the idea of it on the roof and said it would not have any type of durability warranty. Stated that being black that it would generate to much heat and the vinyl would not last up there.

I just need to find another installer or just buy a roll of film myself. His 3M vinyl did not match the factory black matte anyway. His had more of a sheen to it and was more shiny.

BearLeeAsian

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Like users have stated in other threads.. I bet that shop just saw a Raptor roll in and all they saw were $ signs..

Same thing happens to me in the BMW.

"Hey I need a bumper painted"
"Make and Model?"
"BMW 330CI in A08 Silver Gray"
*Cha Ching!*

mwaite09

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hood Vinyl

Got mine from D&S, $300. Local shop wanted to charge me $150, to install, I let them know they were on crack and had a friend do it.

Attachments

• DSC_0607.jpg
    DSC_0607.jpg
    126.3 KB · Views: 161