push button start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
The Car Stereo Company

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would let you use mine Noah as long as you provided alternate transportation for the wife. I'm gone 3 months at a go. So I won't miss it. And as long as the wife has something to drive it'd all be good. Not like you'll take me up on it haha. If you've got projects and DO want to take me up on the offer though, hit me up.

does your wife like a schwinn? i can put a child seat in back....

Shit, Ill bring you mine. I am definitely interested in the "nice to have" of this...

with a project like this, its not a quick and easy task. it would require multiple parts and countless hours to make this work as "oem" as possible. 2 months of working it on my downtime is realistically not a lot of time. it could be longer depending on what needs to be done to make it work

Evanscott29

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was not saying that it is a 5 hr plug and play I know you will have a shit ton of work into it even when you are as good as everyone on FRF says you are. **** as soon as I buy my motorcycle in another month or so I would be more than happy to leave my truck with you.

OP
OP
The Car Stereo Company

The Car Stereo Company

Supporting Member
Reaction score
because it needs a lot of wiring done. the cars that have push button start, have different circuitry inside. the close proximity of the keyfob triggers relays which allow the vehicle to power on. we dont have that circuitry in our trucks. i will have to integrate a few aftermarket parts to make this work on our truck.

---------- Post added at 11:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:14 PM ----------

didnt watch the video. ok, thak kit looks like it just interrupts the starter wire. i would need to see how the wiring looks with this setup.

the way i am trying to make this work, is that like other vehicles you dont have to take the key out of your pocket. it will unlock as you get near the vehicle, and when you get in, will allow you to push the button without having to use the key in the cylendar. maybe its wishful thinking, but i have an idea to make this work, just dont have the time now.

RAPTORSV

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That's too much work for me. My buddies new Mercedes does that, you don't need a key. But it cost 3 times as much as a Raptor it shouldn't need a key. I'd rather have the truck lined inside with dynamat for less road noise. It's not that noisy, but for longer trips on the freeway a little quiter would be nice. But I've read on here from guys that have and said it wasn't worth it, didn't do much.

OP
OP
The Car Stereo Company

The Car Stereo Company

Supporting Member
Reaction score
try different material

---------- Post added at 11:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:35 PM ----------

once i figure it out, it shouldnt be too expensive. the biggest part will be the installation