nav-tv front camera/vim bypass

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kkitowski

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Installer in the Wisconsin area??

its not as bad as what people think it is right? i tear apart vehicles all day long, so i cant really compare with most others, but knowing that it took less than an afternoon for you to do it seems like others shoulg give it a try. good job on the install

Noah, do you know any companies in the Wisconsin area that do installs for Nav-TV if a person get into trouble? Haven't bought it yet, but wanting to pull the trigger. Never really pulled apart a dash before and messed with the amount of wires it looks like. Most I have done is taken out my old F150 dash circuit board to fix a cold-solder point (odometer kept going in and out).

Thoughts on complexity? What tools do you use to not scratch your trim up?

On another note -- any more quantity of people looking to place a large order at all? I know you said many seem to be in a holding pattern, but if we could get a large order I assume you would do the deal you had earlier this year?

Thanks

OP
OP
The Car Stereo Company

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Noah, do you know any companies in the Wisconsin area that do installs for Nav-TV if a person get into trouble? Haven't bought it yet, but wanting to pull the trigger. Never really pulled apart a dash before and messed with the amount of wires it looks like. Most I have done is taken out my old F150 dash circuit board to fix a cold-solder point (odometer kept going in and out).

Thoughts on complexity? What tools do you use to not scratch your trim up?

On another note -- any more quantity of people looking to place a large order at all? I know you said many seem to be in a holding pattern, but if we could get a large order I assume you would do the deal you had earlier this year?

Thanks
the only shop i know of is in illinois. in peoria. the shop owner called me during labraptors install and we talked for a while. he seems like a good guy, and now that he has done one, he should be able to help out any of you around that area.
this is the second group buy that i have done this year. the minimum requirement is that i get 12 orders of each to get the price discount. i will continue to do group buys as long as there is interest and enough buyers. otherwise they are a bit more expensive as individual units, but i can still get you a good price

Labraptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Noah, the guy who did my install is actually in Pekin. Peoria is just a much bigger town across the IL river from us. People outside the area sometimes know where it is and never know where Pekin is. Brandon works with his dad. If anybody needs the contact info just send me a pm.
Thanks again for helping him out. He had somebody lined up to give him a hand but that guy didn't make it so he went ahead solo. Works great by the way.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

svt557

Reaction score
Had my kit installed last week. I really like the camera unlock. Havent tried the VIM. I thought the NAV would be unlocked while the vehicle was in motion, but that was not the case. Is that an install error or just the way the kit works? I had it installed by a local shop here and they clearly were unfamiliar with what the kit did.

Otherwise Im pretty happy with the kit. Only complaint so far...twice now the rear camera has "self activated" and popped on the screen without me doing anything. Just driving down the street and it pops on. A double tap on the rear defrost turns it off. Not really a big deal, just wondering if that has happened with anyone else? Maybe the shop that did install jacked something up?

DesaRaptor

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Noah,
How much effort would it be to tie the front camera into some sort of video recorder? I know anything is possible with enough time and money, but that camera with the NAVTV option is great as a dash cam of sorts.

What are your thoughts?

Thanks,

Alvin

OP
OP
The Car Stereo Company

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i think trying to record the front camera is going to be a difficult task. all the recorders out there want to see a certain type of video signal. im not sure of the type of signal that this system is using. however it goes through multiple modules before it reaches the screen, which makes it more complicated. it sould definitely take some trial and error and a bit of time with a truck for me to figure this one out.

---------- Post added at 08:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:35 AM ----------

many have done the install themselves. i have had quite a few members call me for a little bit of help. you sure you dont want to give it a shot?