Go Back   FORD RAPTOR FORUM - Ford SVT Raptor Forums - Ford Raptor > Ford Raptor Forum Supporting Vendors > The Car Stereo Company
Become a Supporting Member         Become a Supporting Vendor

Register to remove these ads.

The Car Stereo Company

memorial day raffle

This is a discussion on memorial day raffle within the The Car Stereo Company forums, part of the Ford Raptor Forum Supporting Vendors category!
nope. i dont do sales. i discount everything as low as i can all the time. instead, i give stuff ...

User Tag List

Like Tree88Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-22-2014, 04:00 AM   #1 (permalink)

aka nosbusa

Mentioned: 384 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)

(Thread Starter)
Default memorial day raffle
nope. i dont do sales. i discount everything as low as i can all the time. instead, i give stuff away. so this memorial day, lets really remember what this day is about. all our fallen military personnel. this time around, im going to do things different. i want you to list a family member or friend who gave the ultimate sacrifice. name (if you dont mind) rank, years in service, and branch. i want everyone to know and acknowledge what your family member or friend did to keep us free. it is important that we keep their memory alive. without them, we wouldnt be here today doing what we want on our own free will. i am in no way taking away from our active military members, you know i will take care of you, but this holiday is to remember the ones who have fallen. if you have a story to tell, please share. i feel a sense of pride when i hear stories of average people doing heroic things. if you dont feel comfortable, you can always pm me. the way i have decided for this to work, is all the members who post a name, will be entered into a raffle. winner of the raffle will receive a donation to the charity of their choice. amount is still to be determined, but i promise you the car stereo company will be giving a token of our appreciation. so for all you out there

Last edited by The Car Stereo Company; 05-23-2014 at 08:06 PM.
The Car Stereo Company is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 05:01 AM   #2 (permalink)

FRF Addict

Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

thats really nice of u Noah

2012 Silver Screw Saints Offroad Front Bumper, mid perch, Retrofits 3" FXR w/ Evil Eyes, SW long tube headers, lightning style exhaust, 5 Star Tunes on SCT Livewire TS, Injen CAI, Method DS black w/ machned lip, lots of LED lights, LED tails, Hornblasters kit, WSI springs, RPG PSR w/cooler & filter, etc...
NickPic83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 07:03 AM   #3 (permalink)

FRF Addict

Mentioned: 567 Post(s)
Tagged: 13 Thread(s)

Excellent idea Noah. Thank you.
I will also donate towards the charity of the winners choice as well. $100.

Good bless those and their family who haved sacrificed everything.

Yukon Joe
www.RUNRAPTORRUN.com

2012 SCREW | NIGHT RAPTOR Revolution Wrap | RPG Stage 4+, Black Tie-rods, Prerunner 1.0 UCA, Steering Res | AMB LED Light Kit | Raptor Retrofit HIDs w/ Amber Ring | Hefty Fabworks Skid Plates | ADD ABS Guard | Recon 10500lb Winch w/ Factor55 | Whelen LEDs | WSI FE Mount | Extang Solidfold | Weathertech Liners | PDP Flaps | TYT9000VHF Radio |
I love Raptorwifey
Yukon Joe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 07:32 AM   #4 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Thanks for doing this Noah. While I don't have any family members that have died fighting for our country, I do have many "Brothers" that I have lost over here. I don't want to be entered in the raffle but I would like to recognize my most recent Brother who died over here. 1LT Brandon James Landrum KIA May 4th 2013. If you want the details of his death you can google his name. I just want everyone to know he was an awesome Husband to Miranda, and a great Dad to Gabriel and Blakely. RIP Brandon, thanks for watching over me and the boys.
Attached Thumbnails
brandon.jpg  

Last edited by IronRakMike; 05-22-2014 at 11:37 AM.
IronRakMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 07:54 AM   #5 (permalink)

FRF Addict

Mentioned: 354 Post(s)
Tagged: 5 Thread(s)

Good stuff Noah. I've been lucky enough to not lose someone close to me. I used to look at honor the fallen everyday but I realized it was making me depressed. Seeing a page with all those faces. I couldn't imagine losing someone like that.

http://projects.militarytimes.com/valor/
Rookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 09:11 AM   #6 (permalink)

Kaiser Söze

Mentioned: 310 Post(s)

While my story is not eligible for the raffle, I will tell it anyway, because it is about a battle that a lot of folks haven't ever heard of.

My great-uncle, Lieutenant John Decker, was one of the Marines that landed on Peleliu on September 1944. He was the platoon leader of Company G, 2nd Battalion, 1st Marines and was known as "Deck" to his fellow marines. Fellow Marine, Lieutenant Bruce Watkins (Platoon leader of Company E, 2nd Battalion, 1st Marines), described him this way - "a good friend, a died-in-the-wool Texan, who could tell the tallest stories you ever heard."

Deck was killed by a Japanese grenade the night of September 18th, 1944 on Hill 210 on Bloody Nose Ridge, Peleliu. According to Bruce, it landed near his armpit and he never saw it.

He was awarded the Silver Star for his actions on the assault on Bloody Nose Ridge.

---

I had the pleasure of writing back and forth with Bruce (who later retired from the Marines as a Captain) several times before he passed away last summer. It was from him that I learned more about my uncle and how he died.

---

Here is a little more info on the assault on Peleliu, which had the highest casualty rate for U.S. military personnel of any battle in the Pacific War.
Battle of Peleliu - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Bruce wrote a book, Brothers in Battle, his website has an excerpt here:
Home

Here are a couple of good books that cover Peleliu:
Hallas, James H. - The Devil's Anvil: The Assault on Peleliu
Sledge, Eugene B. - With the Old Breed: At Peleliu And Okinawa

'04 MazdaSpeed Miata
'67 Jeep Kaiser M715 - sold
Join the Blue Ribbon Coalition . . . it's YOUR Public Land!
KaiserM715 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 11:07 AM   #7 (permalink)

aka nosbusa

(Thread Starter)
i wonder if i should just expand this to ANY family member. it seems more reasonable.

Old 05-22-2014, 04:02 PM   #8 (permalink)

aka nosbusa

(Thread Starter)
edited first post. extended to family and friends. there shouldnt be any reason to not include anyone you know
J DAMAGE likes this.

Old 05-22-2014, 04:47 PM   #9 (permalink)

FRF Addict

Mentioned: 102 Post(s)

Noah, this thread has truly show me & my family how bless we have been. I know my grandfathers - WWI & II, my father – Korea & Vietnam , my uncles – WWII, Korea & Vietnam, my brothers & I – Desert Storm Iraq, my sister-in-law and even my ex-wife Desert Storm-Iraq, Afghanistan. I can’t think of any of them whom loss their life while serving, I have seen their Purple Hearts, and I do recall one of my Great Uncles being a WWII POW, but you can see my family has been extremely Bless. Though, I’m sure somewhere in my family history we have loss some family members, but nobody ever mention it while I was growing up.

I wear patch on my vest that states:
“In Memory of those whom loss their lives in the Services of United States of America”

That folks is what this weekend is about. Thanks Noah for bringing this to forefront.

LineX Premium & Rear Wheel Wells|55" UWS Wedge Tool w/ HiLift Jack Mounted| Stubby Antenna| K&N Filter| Husky Underseat Cargo Liner| 20" M&R LED |SDHQ ABS Guards| DZ Tailgate Assist| Onboard Viair 450C AC| Cargo Rail Sys| Stock Exhaust w/turndowns| SDHQ Frame Reinforcement Kit| Outlaw Shock Guards| Mid Perch|ADD Venom Front w/20" Rigid LED Bar & Rear w/Rigid Duallys - Bumpers| Method NVs 17" w/stock BFGs
Blind1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 05:29 PM   #10 (permalink)

aka Rick

Mentioned: 394 Post(s)

My grandfather fought in WWII with the Navy and my son in the Army has been to Iraq, neither one of them died there . But my most interesting fact is my great (not sure how many greats) grandfather back in the revolutionary war with the British died on Bunker Hill. He is General Joseph Warren and is the general you see laying down. No need to enter contest as I never knew him. :-)

2014 RR SE SCREW | #792 of #3396 in RR | #4568 of #22409 Total | My Mods: Click Here
2008 Shelby Mustang GT500 Torch Red Convertible | #58 of #463 in Torch Red | #249 of #2070 Total
Raptor Runs: TRR 14'/15'/16'/17' | Raptoberfest 14'/15'/16'/17' | Time Attack 14' | Snoball 15' | AR Run 15' | TRR Baja 16' | Private Baja Jan 17'
RDFTS is offline   Reply With Quote