flir/nightvision?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i was just talking to nav-tv regarding our front cam bypass and asked about the night vision camera they had. its an awesome setup. its military grade thermal imaging. just wondering if anyone would be interested in them. retail price is $3,500 but i will be able to get them a bit cheaper. i think it would be sweet to use this on high speed night runs.......

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Expensive mod for what you get... FLIRs have their purpose. Not sure if this is the best way to utilize them...

Icecobra

FRF Addict
Reaction score
FLIR is great if you are up high and need to see thermal images. FLIR is great in fog and anytime visibilty is limited like behind other trucks in a dust storm you can still see them. I dont know how great an idea it is to stare at your Screen while driving, let alone driving fast.. There is a couple other companies offering or offering soon FLIR cameras not cheap but not 3500 or so , at least according to what was said at CES show...

OP
OP
The Car Stereo Company

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i think it would be great to use when following someone in the dust....... ocatillo comes to mind..... i got caught up in dust when the wind changed and ended up parking the frame on a sand dune.

but like i said, im just throwing it out here for you all to ponder a while

ISFast

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Dude I've been looking at Thermal for a while now! Lots of advantages compared to just night vision.