CSC has new qualifications!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

txcomp

Reaction score
Congrats Noah! You'll get faster judging, trust me... :) Maybe if we have a joint finals again this year, I'll see you in the lanes. I'll be there (at least on the east coast) either with IASCA or USACi barring any disasters. I've been the director of USACi SQ (and head judge at finals) for quite a few years and am going in June to get re-certified with IASCA so who knows, I may be working for both Ralph and Paul/Moe at finals this coming year. I've never judged MECA but had a hand (unknowingly) in developing their rule book and score sheets in the late 90's.

As for the stock system, as previously stated, it's OK but not stellar. The stage is low and has a really bad inverted smiley, it's hard to get smooth band to band transitions and the sub is easily localized. I've also noticed quite a bit of panel resonance. Tonally it's not horrible but it could be a LOT better. I'm going to try and build my truck using stock locations to minimize or eliminate all of the stock system's weaknesses. It won't be a World Finals winner but it'll be better than it is now...or else... :)

Last edited:
OP
OP
The Car Stereo Company

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
it was good talking to you the other day. i dont know how far into sq competitions i will go, but if there is an event a can make it to, i will let you know.

txcomp

Reaction score
I enjoyed it also! If you have any questions, don't hesitate to call. If I don't know the answer, I bet I know someone who does. I also have access to some of the best ears in the industry so if you have specific track questions, I can probably get you an answer to those too.