CSC has new qualifications!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
The Car Stereo Company

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
hey, i was just happy i could finally make it there. i have been wanting to do it for a long time. there will be 4 more events like the one i just went to over the next 2 years if anyone is interested. you dont necessarily have to become a judge, but the training is always good for anyone seriously intereseted in audio.

and joe, i needed to pay my vendor fees. i sold your truck.....

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Judge!

Attachments

• scmpost_08apr13_ns_judge1_joseph_fok_35091651.jpg
    scmpost_08apr13_ns_judge1_joseph_fok_35091651.jpg
    117.3 KB · Views: 57

Droid

kglesq's Brother
Reaction score
Congrats!

What'd the stock Sony system get? 17 points? :ROFLJest:

OP
OP
The Car Stereo Company

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
since i have been without a truck for a while its hard to say, but an ipod on the dash with a portable speaker gets 20 points..... a charger that has been tuned and specifically built for sq competitions get roughly 80 points. im guessing the sony system would get around 40 points. however, sq builds are different than normal builds. most sq vehicles dont have rear speakers. it is designed to sit and close your eyes and you should be able to pinpoint where that particular instrument is coming from. and can tell how far behind the drummer or bass guitar is from the singer. as if you were right in front of a symphony or live band. not so much rock or metal or rap etc. but a concert hall with many different instruments

Droid

kglesq's Brother
Reaction score
I'm surprised at 40, but maybe they improved it in the '13s with MFT.

I strongly dislike the stereo in the truck, regrettably there's a lot of stuff I'd like to do that precedes upgrading it. I'm not an audiophile, hell, I was "reasonably satisfied" with the stock Bose system in my '04 GMC Sierra. I *miss* that Bose system. And it was well and truly crap. Just kind of wish my $2,430 upgraded Sony system sounded better than my Klipsch computer speakers ($180), or my SENA Bluetooth headset I use on the motorcycle ($150)...as it stands I enjoy music more from either of those sources. I'm not even asking for the thing to play music very loud, just to play it tolerably at 50% volume.

I may eventually just try swapping speakers and the sub (given that it's low effort), though I think everyone says the real problem is the need for a proper amp.