CSC has new qualifications!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i am proud to announce that both myself and kyle, my main sales guy, have attended and passed the MECA judges challange. its not a really big deal, but hey, we did take something away from it. we both have become official SQ judges. it is not final until we get our placards in the mail, but it is definite. i actually got first place..... won a cheap prize too. we spent all day at a training seminar where we started off wih basic stuff, then we got into more indepth tuning of sound frequencies with processors learning about specifics. and at the end of the day we had to judge 2 vehicles on sound quality. there was the current points leader there at our training seminar. a funny story about him. he currently hold the most points for MECA right now. he wanted points so went to have his car judged. the only problem..... his car was in pieces in the middle of a rebuild. so HE PUT AN IPOD ON TOP OF HIS DASH WITH A PORTABLE SPEAKER!!!! hahahahahaha funny stuff. he did manage 20points. ok back to our training, i judged a vehicle based on parameters that are normally availble for use as a judge, however, they were not available at this time. so here i am sitting in this charger listening to tracks and focusing of sound frequencies, locations, depth, width, tone, etc. as my first time, i did spend about twice as long as you normally should, but at the end of it, my score was 1/2 point off from what a long time judge scored this vehicle previously. it is 0-100 on the points scale in 1/4 increments. kyle was also about 1 point off in his judging as well, but he didnt win a prize since someone actually got the score right. when holding a MECA event, there are 3 judges who score your vehicle and the average is totaled for your final score. there should never be more than a 5 point difference between judges scores on that particular vehicle. so it appears that by some magical reasoning, i actually know what the hell im doing. haha. pics will come when the placard comes.....AND THEY SPELL MY NAME RIGHT....
so if any of you are looking to do sq builds, please send your truck and a check for $150,000 to my shop. hahahahaha

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Way to go Noah...

Wet T-Shirt judge challenge this weekend right?

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
Relaxxx.....I'm a professional...

JESUS-CHRIST-FERRIS-BUELLER-PARKING-ATTENDANT-05.jpg

...professional what...