the car stereo company needs a website

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Just my 2¢, but I would stay away from godaddy if possible.

I have a few friends that used them in the past and the biggest complaints (or reasons not to use them) were:
  1. Terrible customer support
  2. Slow (webpage loaded slowly)
  3. Overpriced
  4. GoDaddy supported SOPA & PIPA (although they did drop their support after mass exit from their customers)

A few alternatives are hostgator, dreamhost, justhost and bluehost (which I personally use)

I never had those issues but I was running a small operation. Just needed some pages like Noah wants to display info, location, I had package prices with package details, and then a testimonials page. I paid $93.33 for two years worth of domain, website builder, and email. Came with some other shit but I had no need for it.

Sliver Raptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hey Noah what kind of features are you looking for with this site? I just got my BS in comp sci and info tech and have taken a few web classes and might be able to give you a hand in tackling this. Ill probably be off the site all day but Fred can give you my info. Depending on the level of suffistication you are going for I can probably help you out buddy. Always looking to help out a forum guy when I can.

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
A lot of people don't seem to understand what it takes to "build a website" and they want someone else to do it. (Not talking about our beloved hand-in-his-pants-BUSA)

I suggest to people that they write an outline on paper of what they want their website to say. Because when it's all done it's going to require input, text, color scheme, and pictures from the website's owner so the person who designs the layout and creates the site can do that.

Website builders don't typically write the text/copy (they don't know your business like you do) and that's a significant part of the site.

And if you create an outline (which will show page hierarchy) and draft a lot of the text, you're bound to get a better and less costly website IMO.

Icecobra

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hey big B I used dynamod portal service. Its exactly what you want and need at the moment. Will get you a web presence and will let you fill in the info as you go. Its easy to make changes. Its for really basic stuff runs about 15.00 per month for that you get to create your own email addresses also that forward to current email. Its really basic compared to fancy stuff that costs more then 15,000 to and designed and setup... Go to my page tricountycommunications.net its just a basic page. At the end of the summer I am having a new web page designed and going to make a run at online sales of products. But this site will not support it so I will have to get new..

onesickpuppy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You mean Busa is not a techie??? damn..... And I hate writing HTML lines..... Some sites convert and you just pick out simple pages and designs and add picks and verbiage..... Good luck and let us know URL when done!

OP
OP
The Car Stereo Company

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
funny dan. you mean you havent noticed that my posting here the last week was minimal? too many jobs to get done.

and i have found someone to help me get the site going. thanks for everyones input. stay tuned for the site to come