Alarming light bars

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cdcalaway

Full Access Member
Reaction score
100k lumens an a train horn going off would sure make me shit my pants and get outta there.

OP
OP
t_j

t_j

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ok this is all great info!! Now I'm not sure I fancy the relay based solution due to the constant draw on the battery from the relays when the truck is not running, I can see this killing the battery in a day or 2 if its parked for a long time. So here is my idea run a loop of cable through each light bar (either connected to the inside of the housing or drill a hole in a fin and loop through that). Attach all the loops in series (end to end) with one end attached to ground and the other end attached to the trunk trigger pin on the alarm. From the alarm settings change the truck pin from normally open to normally closed. Now if any one of the loops is cut the trunk pin will no longer be grounded and the alarm will trigger.

Another option would be to use a TR7 and connect the brown output from that to the loop of cable through all the bars and connect the output of the TR7 to the alarm instant trigger input.

Thoughts?

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
that could work. my truck sits for 4-5 days at a time and havent had any issues of a dead battery so i havent had the need for further exploration into this

OP
OP
t_j

t_j

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I ended up going the trunk pin route with my viper.

One end of the loop is connected to the trunk pin the other end ground if it's cut the alarm sounds. Changed the pin from normally open to normally closed and boom it just works!

420d56a6479ea3c23722587c11a3cf12.jpg