Adjust factory amp in 2013 to make it louder.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

425_Raptor

Reaction score
I have a 2012 raptor with the new 8" my touch Sony system

It doesn't seen to get very loud. Anyway to boost the volume ?

Captain Awesome

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have a 2012 raptor with the new 8" my touch Sony system

It doesn't seen to get very loud. Anyway to boost the volume ?

Like beats said get ahold of Noah aka Busa aka The Car Stereo Company and he'll hook you up as there is not much you can do with the factory system.

Harblar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lol. Smartass

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

He may be a smartass, but he ain't wrong.

The factory system is pretty limited and that really is about the only way you can make it louder. Try setting the scv(speed compensated volume) to max. This might help a little at highway speed, but not much... I actually notice it more when I slow down as you can hear it get slightly quieter... So a bandaid at best.

In reality the limit on volume seems to be about 3/4 of the way up on the volume knob. Anything beyond this makes no difference as the Sony amp enters a sorta protection mode to prevent clipping and damage to the speakers.

I agree with the others. Noah can help hook you up. He's helping me! Keep an eye out over the next week or so. I've got most of my parts and will be installing them soon. I plan on putting together a thorough walkthrough/reference thread on the install when I'm done. That should give you a better idea of how to add decibels to the setup. :wink:

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
haha, what a bunch of loonies you guys are. yes, the oem system has what we call an auto eq. this limits certain sound frequencies at higher volume to protect the speakers from xploding (im hoping some of you audio guys get that pun) a speaker replacement will help, but until you bypass the oem setup, you can only do so much. trying to amplify oem speakers will only create more problems. so to do it correctly, you will have to add a summing device and an eq of some sort along with speakers that can handle amplification. this will greatly increase sound quality and volume.

OP
OP
425_Raptor

425_Raptor

Reaction score
So if I purchased your sub / amp combo would my factory system get louder as its not driving the factory sub ?